Nascar: Texas Motor Speedway "Samsung 500" 4-6-08

Discussion in 'Sports' started by icegoat63, Mar 31, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

[​IMG]

Texas Motor Speedway

Jeff Burton sits atop the standings and is the defending winner of the spring race at Texas. Two times the points leader has won there: Dale Jarrett (2001) and Jimmie Johnson (fall 2007).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Past Results at Texas Motor Speedway "Samsung 500"
    not including Novembers "dickies 500" results

Date...............Race Name.......Pole Winner...........Race Winner.........Make

04/15/07.........Samsung 500....Rained Out...........Jeff Burton...........Chevrolet
    04/09/06.........Samsung 500....Kasey Kahne.........Kasey Kahne..........Dodge
    04/17/05.........Samsung 500....Ryan Newman.......Greg Biffle...............Ford
    04/04/04.........Samsung 500....Bobby Labonte......Elliott Sadler...........Ford
    03/30/03.........Samsung 500....Bobby Labonte......Ryan Newman.........Dodge
    04/08/02.........Samsung 500....Bill Elliott..............Matt Kenseth..........Ford
    04/01/01.........Harrah's 500.....Dale Earnhardt Jr....Dale Jarrett..........Ford
    04/02/00.........DIRECTV 500.....Terry Labonte.......Dale Earnhardt Jr...Chevrolet

Note* From 2002-2006 the race was referred to as The "Samsung/Radio-Shack 500" but for space reasons I had to shorten it down to just Samsung 500

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Texas Motor Speedway By The Numbers

1: Race won from the pole. Kasey Kahne in the Samsung/Radio Shack 500 on April 09, 2006.
    6: Average finish position for Jimmie Johnson.
    7: Races won by Ford's (58%)
    9: Average start position for Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    10: Years since the inaugural race on April 6, 1997. Jeff Burton was the winner.
    5: Median start position of the race winner
    12: Races AND different winners.
    58: Percent of races that the race winner started inside the top 5
    75: Percent of races that the race winner started inside the top 10
    437: Total laps led by Tony Stewart during the last 4 Texas races.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Burton has the chips on his side going into Texas with the points lead and a visit to Victory lane last season at the Samsung 500. Will he keep up the good work and stay at the top, What do you guys think?

information gathered at nascar.com

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I wonder what their gas prices are?

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

[​IMG]

The Show at Texas gave us Six yellows, Sixteen lead changes, and Edwards third race victory of this season. Gordon along with JJ Yeley and Micheal Waltrip all experienced some trouble on the track either spinning or wrecking early on.

*Some things to Note
    - Gordon completed only 124 laps and a last place finish dropping him to 14th place
    - During post-race inspection, the right-rear of Newman's No. 12 Dodge was found to be too high. If penalties are forthcoming, it will be announced later this week.
    - Jeff Burton holds tight to the top spot in the standings 59 points ahead of Kevin Harvick

*Rookie Update

- Regan Smith is now tied with Franchitti at 60 points to lead the Rookie Race
    - McDowell although destroying a car in qualifying moved up to 5th in the rookie standings pulling ahead of Villenueve by 8 points.

[​IMG]
    *images from nascar.com & yahoo.com