• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NASCAR champion hits and kills driver.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Former NASCAR racing champion Tony Stewart hit and killed a driver who left his damaged car mid-race at the Canandaigua Motorsports Park in upstate New York, US media reported Sunday.

NASCAR racing champion Tony Stewart hits and kills driver
I feel sorry for the man but I don't understand what he thought he was doing getting out of his car on the track like that. There is a debate because of the video if Stewart did this on purpose, hope he didn't. I haven't watched the video and don't know if I want to.

Thoughts?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd like to think Stewart didn't hit him on the purpose. Ward is idiotic for running on the track and trying to confront Stewart. Its dark and he's wearing black.

It's a tough deal and I feel bad for his family but he shouldn't have ran on the track like that.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Stupidity kills.

And although Stewart is the only who truly knows if he did it on purpose or not, I refuse to believe it. Why would he? He wasn't the one who got spun, he'd have no reason to be angry enough to attempt that nonsense. Dude was wearing all black, at night, on a slippery dirt track. If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Stewart not seeing him, at least not in time.

Tragic but 100% preventable.

Alph0x

Registered Member
I absolutely believe Ward did a dumb thing for getting out of his car and trying to do whatever it is he was trying to do on the track. However, I don't know if I believe Stewart just didn't see him. Maybe he thought he'd swerve by him and clip his foot or hand or something, or even just swerve close and scare him good. But when there is a car stopped, you should always, always try to move as far away as possible when passing it. They were already under a caution flag due to the vehicle being disabled. If you watch the video, you can see that other drivers are slowing down and moving away. It doesn't look like Stewart did.

Do I think he intended to full on hit him and kill him? No way. Not at all. Do I think it was a road rage type of thing? Maybe. Obviously Ward was upset at Stewart, who knows what frame of mind Stewart was in. Maybe he meant to just scare him and it turned out awful. Maybe he truly didn't see him. But I don't understand how it would have happened, even if he just didn't see him. He should have been driving extremely cautiously, especially near the stopped car.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched the video and its hard to tell what happened. It looked like Ward ran up to Stewarts car then he got hit. I have my doubts about Stewart doing this on purpose.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Having watched the video, I'm still somewhat on the fence. Stewart came in long after Ward had stepped onto the track, in clear sight of other drivers which is suspicious to me. However, it does look like there was a bit of a "shit which way are you going" game going on that we're all familiar with.

I don't see there being enough evidence to convict him of intentionally murdering the kid, but I wonder if he will face any kind of punishment for it.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I wanted to watch the video but no. But yeah there are some serious issues here. There was a caution flag and Stewart already knew where that disabled car was. He also ignored the caution flag and the fact that his car fishtailed before he struck the driver is suspicious too.
Dunno if he meant to kill that dude but he shoulda slowed down like the other drivers and avoided the disabled car but he didnt. This is gonna be a very interesting case.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
From what I have been told, correct me if I'm wrong, those cars fishtail like that easily.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigBob Sports 2
BigBob Sports 3
Doc Sports 14
Konshentz Sports 6
Konshentz Sports 7