• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NASA Going to the Moon Again By 2024

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn’t realize this was happening. Did everyone else know that NASA is sending men and women to the moon again within the next few years?

What a time to be alive. I’m especially excited because my kids will be old enough to understand this and follow it.

The social media and news coverage around this is going to be phenomenal.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Again...what do you mean...AGAIN? ;) jk

I did hear rumblings about this but glad to read it here....this will be a huge deal.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Millz, admittedly, this will potentially put the issue of “again” to bed once and for all. Either that or it will just give the conspiracy theorists more to run with. Hoping for the former haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Millz, admittedly, this will potentially put the issue of “again” to bed once and for all. Either that or it will just give the conspiracy theorists more to run with. Hoping for the former haha.
No man, the nonbelievers will continue to think its all fake lol

You can fake anything on the internet...ya know?

I hope I'm wrong though.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Millz, the problem now is that Hollywood VFX have become so good that we can easily make movies about space that look completely real. So even with 4K footage this time around, the conspiracists will just say the footage was faked on a sound stage with a green screen.

Elon Musk had to deal with this after filming his Tesla being launched into space. People said space didn't even look real in his video because they are used to perfectly composited space shots in CGI scenes. When real life doesn't look as good as the movies, people now just assume low budget CGI is to blame. 🤦‍♂️

dDave

V.I.P.
I've always been amazed that space travel, unlike most other technological developments, still takes forever to pull off even in today's world. I'm not knocking space travel at all but what I am saying is that the complexity required to make a trip even to the moon is absolutely incredible. I have always wondered what types of better propulsion technology and safety measures will come after what we currently have. With our fairly limited technology, we likely won't make it much past the moon (or maybe Mars). I hope we are able to take humans outside of the solar system in my lifetime.

Conspiracy theorists tend not to have a firm understanding of the world around them and have always had a very limited perspective on the universe. Pretty sure a lot of the faked moon landing people don't even believe it's possible to go to the moon.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Think about it...Voyager 1 was released in the late 1970s and it took until 2012 to leave the Solar System.

That's effing far away lol

This is a pretty cool site NASA has on both Voyager 1 and 2. If its taken those 40 years to get that far, I don't think we'll be seeing humans out there any time soon.

dDave

V.I.P.
Think about it...Voyager 1 was released in the late 1970s and it took until 2012 to leave the Solar System.

That's effing far away lol

This is a pretty cool site NASA has on both Voyager 1 and 2. If its taken those 40 years to get that far, I don't think we'll be seeing humans out there any time soon.

Oh, I know, haha. That’s why I recognize we need a different type of propulsion system to leave the solar system with humans. We would need something exponentially faster and maybe functional cryogenic technology. It’s a really really big galaxy out there to explore, crazy that we really are basically stuck in our immediate area.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was a kid when the first moon landing happened and thought it was great. I will be looking forward to this one as well. About time we went back.

During the first moon landing I was thinking about how my grandfather was born during horse and buggy days and now we are landing on the moon. He saw a lot of changes in his lifetime as we have also.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I was wondering...why do they want men and women to go back to the moon...what do they expect to accomplish by going to the moon that will help humanity and will be all that important?

I'd be interested to find out since I don't know much about this subject.