• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Naruto Shippudden so far!

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Anyone up to date with Naruto Shippudden thus far? I think it's amazing how the storyline is panning out throughout the manga, and it's only going to be twice as awesome once the anime catches up. Not sure whether to use spoiler tags or not, but the revelation of the man behind the mask is pretty awesome, especially how they link it so well to the past :) The final few battles are going to be sick, and I can feel the anime actually starting to wrap up, unless there's a few loose ends to tie, such as the dissapearance of Sasuke and Orochimaru. Very interesting indeed. Can't wait for how everything is going to turn out :)

Ziggy

Sup?
The first time we saw Tobi rumours started swirling about who he actually was.

One of the popular ones was that he was Obito. The eye opening is on the opposite side to Kakashi's sharingan and the swirl of his mask leading into his eye was similar to how Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan worked.

I was very disheartened at how long they dragged it out though.

I started watching the show a long time ago and I'm going to watch it all the way through to the end. I have to see the final Naruto/Sasuke fight.

Shooting_Palanx

Yeah, the rumours were pretty insane. Almost stretching as far to say that it could have been Minato :/ lol some were ludicrous, but some explanations were pretty imaginative to say the least. Seeing as how the manga is slowly unravelling, there is no doubt that there will be a sasuke/naruto fight. Question is, what does that do with the whole Moons Eye Plan once that arc is over? Hmmmm ... We'll just have to wait and see how it all unravels. Question Ziggy, do you have any predictions as to how it's all going to end? I find this imposing question interesting to see what others think :)

Ziggy

Sup?
I remember reading one about him being Sasuke's father. Because Sasuke's father was missing during the Nine Tails attack on the village, he referred to Sasuke as "my boy" and Itatchi had it set up that Sasuke would use Amaterasu on him if he took his mask off.

I think that Kakashi and a Clone Naruto will defeat Tobi, then everyone will team up to fight Madara and fail.

Naruto and Sasuke will team up and beat him and then once that is all over they will fight eachother.

I don't know how you could have a break in between defeating Madara and the Naruto/Sasuke fight without it coming off really bad.

Madara is the biggest bad guy they have so after he is beaten there is nobody more powerful.

The only way for them to tie things up would be fro Naruto and Sasuke to fight on the battleground with everyone incapacitated or too weak to fight so they just watch the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke.

Shooting_Palanx

Very interesting out-take dude :) The way I saw it, if anyone had to be Tobi, it would have to be someone who was very important in the naruto world, someone with enough importance that it could shake the very foundation of what is to be an amazing anime. So people like sasukes father for instance, to me wouldn't have held any weight at all. I was hoping it to be Shisui Uchiha simply for the bad ass effect, seriously, if he were to be Tobi that would be sick. But obviously a lot was explained, such as one of shisui's eyes belonging to Danzo and the other being with Itachi. I guess from my perspective I was looking at the teleportation jutsu that was used frequently. I mean Shisui was known as "Shisui the teleporter". It only made sense, didn't it?

Comments on your prediction: I've always seen Naruto and Sasuke teaming up one way or another, no matter what happens. I mean they wouldn't build up this whole "Naruto trying to save Sasuke" for nothing, since they've ran with this for a long time, ever since early Naruto. In your opinion though, who would win if/when they decide to fight? Sasuke or Naruto?

Ziggy

Sup?
Naruto said awhile ago after Sasuke killed Danzo that the next time they fight they will both die. I do wonder if that was foreshadowing.

Rasengan on Chidori and they both die.

Although I would like Naruto to use what he learnt from Pain in that just fighting and killing never solves anything and that he will be able to get Sasuke to give up all his hate. Kind of like how he got through to Zabuza all those years ago.

Shooting_Palanx

That's the way I see it also, Sasuke being saved, Naruto and Sasuke teaming up. Do you think that would be a tad too predictable? I think the Naruto fan base would be crushed if either Naruto or Sasuke dies :/ From what I've seen of Naruto's abilties thus far, let's run it down shall we? He has full control of the Nine Tails Beast, sage mode, perfected Kyuubi Mode and sage mode (forgot to mention) as opposed to Sasuke's ... sharingan abilties? And let's face it, is it me, or does the Sharingan seem way too overpowered? Just a thought.

Ziggy

Sup?
Well the Sharingan is the step before the Rinnegan so it is powerful.

Maybe Sasuke will awaken the Rinnegan in his fight with Naruto and become the next sage of the six paths, like what Madara did.

Shooting_Palanx

Wow, now that would be totally kick ass if Sasuke were to do that :O I was just under the notion that it was too much, a new ability after another? It just seemed ridiculous that there were that many abilities under the sharingan lol .

Ziggy

Sup?
Back in the original series of Naruto when we first get introduced to the Byakugan, Kakashi says something like "people say the Sharingan was derived from the Byakugan".

Which always irked me because now the Sharingan is a step below the most powerful eyes.

I think you need Harashima's DNA to awaken the Rinnegan but that wouldn't be hard since all those Zetsu dolls have his dna and could join with Sasuke.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fractal Anime 0
A Anime 1
Shooting_Palanx Anime 0
cooldude Anime 7
Kanji Anime 7