Naruto is Yahoo's 4th Most Popular Search Term in 2007

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

According to a CNet News article, the Naruto ninja manga and anime franchise was fourth on an unofficial list of the most popular searches in the Yahoo search engine this year. In previous years, Yahoo had officially announced the list, but it now only releases the top ten searches grouped by specific trend such as "news stories," "environmental searches," or "consumer call-backs." Nonetheless, a Yahoo executive provided the ten most popular terms overall to the CNet reporter.

No manga or anime franchise appeared in Yahoo's list of the top ten overall searches from 2003 to 2006, or in Google's top ten searches for those same years. Naruto placed second on this year's list of the most searched toys and games, as compiled by one of Yahoo's online search competitors, Lycos.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Believe it!

I've noticed more non-Asian people liking Naruto than ASian. I found that odd.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Have Dragonball Z or Pokemon ever made this list? They are much more americanized than Naruto.

4. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I don't know for sure but I would say yes, Fresh. DBZ/Pokemon were probably more popular then Naruto in their prime. I wouldn't doubt Naruto surpassing DBZ though.

I know what you mean Oxy, it's weird.