Narnia

Wrecked

Registered Member
anyone plan to see it today?

has anyone seen it?

how is it?

i know 2 people that have seen it in advance, and both of them loved it.

it looks like an awesome movie and i plan to see it when i get some time to do so. what's cool is a new theater just opened up like about 2-3 weeks ago. new theaters = not so sticky floors and relatively clean atmosphere.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just watched the high definition trailer on Apple.com. The movie looks awesome. I heard the production budget was 9/10ths of the entire budget of all 3 LOTR movies together. This one movie is going to be one of the best movies ever made if it was done right. The Chronicles of Narnia was my favorite fantasy series when I was a kid. It will be awesome to see it as a movie.

I'm planning on seeing it today sometime. There was probably a midnight showing but I didn't bother with it.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Oh, I want to see it really bad! I also want to rent Narnia the game. It looks like alot of fun plus it isnt very long, so I should be able to beat the game with a friend in no time.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just saw it. My thoughts are below. I would not recommend reading this until you have seen the movie though.

It was good, and followed the book, but it left out a LOT and seemed much shorter than it should have been. A lot of the small details that could have drawn the audience in more were overlooked. It was certainly no Lord of the Rings.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
If it sells well, do you think that they will continue making movies for the rest of the series? I remember seeing a live play of Narnia as well as reading the book, and also saw the cartoon. However, I have not read or seen any of the other books in the series.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Andrew - i don't want to see the spoilers but would still like to know what you thought about it. what would you rank it? worth watching again? etc

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I'm pretty interested in it. However, I'm not going to be able to see it till I see the book. I'm like that, I'll never watch what a movie based on a book till I read the book. It's ruined the first two Harry Potter books for me, and currently The Lord of the Rings. They're good to see after reading the books, but before it and you'll miss out on a lot and the exciting parts will be boring, thus making the small stuff that was cut out the better parts of the book.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
My non spoiler opinion is:

It left me wishing Peter Jackson had directed it with Howard Shore as the music conductor. It's a good movie in itself though and I'd definitely recommend seeing it.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I loved the show when I was younger, but I find the stories to be somewhat limited in the way that they don't spark my imagination. It may be that I am just less responsive to them now, but I find the likes of the Philip Pullman trilogy to be far more stimulating.

I'll see the movie, as it will be really great to see it through the eyes of the Andrew Adamson. He certainly has a mind for fun fantasy movies.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
My sister is going out with some friends tonight to go see it. Thankfully she did not invite me to go watch it with her because I did not want to any ways....thats a load of BS.

Anyways, im sure she will tell me all about it. I saw last night that Ebert and the movies gave it two thumbs up as well as King Kong, Syriana, and the Producers.

I want to see all of those movies, the Producers especaily. It looks like a fun movie.