Names that have been ruined by TV/Movie characters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This could have been posted under movies but I thought it fit better under General.

Anyway, what names do you think have been ruined by tv or movie characters?

What I mean is, for example your name is "George Castanza". Is that awesome or is that horrible?

Personally I think there are several names that would be super annoying to have. Pull out your phone book and see if you can find anybody with movie or TV names. I know for sure I've seen a few "James Bond" names in there before.

I just think you'd have a hard time being taken seriously. I mean what if you were running for a political office? "James Bond for Mayor." It just sounds cheesy. :lol:

2. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

I find it funny that there was a cyclist the the Tour de France called will Smith

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Was he acting up in Philly again and his parents decided to send him to France?

- Bart. Anybody who has the name Bart I instantly think of The Simpsons and chuckle.
    - Lucy. Same as above.
    - Eric Cartman. I would LOL if there were ever a real life Eric Cartman.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Seriously what if a really popular TV show or movie came out and there was a LOSER/IDIOT etc that everybody hated and made fun of in the show, WITH YOUR EXACT FIRST AND LAST NAME?

Would anybody else be perturbed in the slightest? :lol:

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yes it would. :lol:

In here, those who are named Amélie are teased with "Amélie Poulain?" ever since that famous movie came out (Amélie - english title). Same with Emilie. There's a musicale that came out a few years back and the song goes "Je m'appelle Emilie Jolie" sang by a little girl. When someone says her name is Emilie, everyone starts to annoyingly sing that theme with a child's voice. Or a hit song by one of the big rock stars here, Johnny Hallyday, called "Marie". And now all the Maries that I know hate that song just because they're always sung that whenever they say their name.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Gary Coleman.

That would suck.

7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Yeah I would absolutely hate it. Luckily my name is quite plain so I doubt it will ever happen.

8. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

There's actually a fairly famous golfer with the exact same name as me. Unfortunately we don't look alike so I don't get all the woman throwing themselves at me. Just rocks. :( But at least when I google myself I get some results!

Back on subject though; I think most first name matches you can get away with, regardless, unless you're called Napoleon or something. An exact match would be edgy stuff. I'd be following their every move.

I'd hate to be called Peter Griffin or something, having to live up to a reputation. If you're not fat 'n funny, you're going to disappoint a lot of people. Could you live with that? Could you?? :stare:

9. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Wait I just remembered there is a comedian with my exact name. I found his dvd and had a picture taken with it. Atleast he's funny.