• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Name the geniuses you've observed in anime

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Almost every action or psychological anime has one. I'm not looking for characters who are portrayed as geniuses. I'm looking for those anime characters who do something you think is brilliant.

For example, I'm not naming Aizen from Bleach, because the way they portray his intelligence till he gets captured - it's like he authored Bleach. A ridiculously high level of intelligence that looks artificial.

Here are my choices:

Shikamaru; Naruto. I love his strategies in every fight that he participates in.

Kira, L, Near; Death Note

Zero; Code Geass

Motoko; Ghost in the Shell. Smartest woman I've seen in anime.

Kaiji, Kaiji. If you haven't seen this anime, you HAVE to see it. Someone once suggested this anime, in an anime channel in IRC. I saw the anime with my eyes glued to the screen. It's a sadistic environment in which an ordinary man slowly gets smarter to survive. Very good anime. When I saw it for the first time, I thought Death Note and Code Geass were ridiculous. Now I realize that it's because I saw Kaiji in the end. It's a very intelligent mature anime that's realistic if it wasn't too dangerous to be real.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ooo Shikamaru from Naruto is a good one! He is one of my favourites too, I love how everyone thinks he is just really lazy yet even if he is just laying down looking at the clouds you know he is always planning something. Such a clever guy at tactical planning.

Hmm, Kirika from Noir comes to mind. She is only a young girl but very intelligent. She is an assassin and very good at thinking on her feet. If need be she always comes up with the most inventive ways to kill or protect herself and others, even if she is in a bad situation with no weapons.

fractal

Thanks for your input Crouton! I was beginning to think that my thread would go into oblivion :) Have you seen Ghost in the Shell? I haven't seen Noir, but I have never seen such an intelligent woman. If you haven't seen the anime, you must watch it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell, I fail at watching anime in that regard. There seems to be a lot of 'Ghost in the Shells'. Movies, Tv Shows, remakes etc etc. I don't know where to start. Could you help me out with a watching order?

fractal

Yeah of course, You watch the series Ghost in the Shell season one, and season two. There are two movies which represent season one, and season two so there's no point watching them.

One of the movies is called Ghost in the Shell. Don't watch this because it's been remade and the new one is called Ghost in the Shell 2.0. Then watch the movies Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence and Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society

There's one more short comedic side series called Tachikoma days or something like that, but I didn't watch it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Cool thanks! I'll start downloading it soon in the order you mentioned. I would get the DVD's but I have a couple other anime series on DVD that I need to finish buying first.

Falsesigh

Registered Member
I just want to mention about Lelouch, Shikamaru, L, Light, and Near. They're really good at strategy.