• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Name something you like about gaming...

Exactly. The story is the main reason I like Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The game is very linear, and it just progresses so well. The characters develop in such an awesome way, and the Prince changes so dramatically. The story unfolds in such a unique manner too. By the end of the game, you've really grown fond of the characters and you really want them to succeed. Oh man, I love that game.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I like how it is an escape from the real world, like that feeling I get when playing a 3D Mario game, like it is a secret world no one else knows about. And it is real, you do feel you are capping some dude in the head, or saving the princess by collecting Shines. Of course it is real, if we just thought it was a few ones and zeros on the memory card, well we wouldn't play games at all!

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I like games that are multiplayer and are fun to play with friends, basically party games. My friends and I used to play goldeneye all the time. Actually, I had several sets of friends who used to play goldeneye with me, and every time we played, I would either watch them and coach the ones who were talking the least trash, or I would play a setup where they were all against me on a team, and I went around kicking their asses all over the place like the Walker Texas Ranger of multiplayer. I loved especially taking advantage of whatever teamwork or miscommunication flaws they had and causing them to be dazed and confused, shooting each other down and making them think it was me. It was so much fun to play those mind games. It was all in good fun though. I like being the role of the antagonist who challenges everyone and makes them better. I also like to get me a little well-placed vengance every now and then. If only perfect dark had been out back then. That was the one shooter that's perfectly suited to multiplayer but I've never gotten to play multiplayer with people.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Note to self: Don't play games against Vega ... EVER.

I do like the escape from reality, and it gives me a chance to let out some steam. I have a problem with "talking" to the game in not very nice tones. I've calmed down a bit with age, but when I was younger I'd get in trouble by my mom a lot.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
I have a problem with "talking" to the game in not very nice tones.
I do that still. It's too bad I don't have a tape recording of some of the stuff I've said to various things on the screen of my games. I imagine it would be pretty hilarious. Last thing I yelled at onscreen was the terribly slow C controls on Goldeneye (they're actually pretty bad when you take the auto aim off). And then before that it was Lakatu with the stupid camera controls on Mario 64. I really don't hesitate when it comes to yelling at the screen. Beats yelling at real people.

Absolute

Registered Member
Nothing beats getting 4 guys together playing a 4 player split screen game all night.. especially a game like Goldeneye, where there's intense battles.

Birdhouse

Registered Member
i like gaming, cause i like to co-op with my friend.Playing co op with your friend make the game funner,you can tell your friend wat to do and they can tell you what to do.That just my life playing co op with my friend.:lol:

Absolute

Registered Member
Being told what to do is how you have a good time?..

Coop games are fun though.. it's too bad there aren't many of them out there.

Jak_It_Up

Registered Member
becoming a gamer was one of the best things that ever happened to me. last nite, me and unrealphantasy3 stayed up til 5:00 playing games. it's also great when me and a bunch of friends get together and do multiplayer on Halo 2

Last edited: