Nachos

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Any Nachos fans around these parts?

I'm not a huge fan of them, but it's great to have has an appetizer from time to time. I usually put cheese, salsa, onions, chicken or ground beef on mine. Some times I'll add chopped green peppers and tomatoes, but not often, I don't like it with jalapenoes either.

How about you guys?

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I love nachos. When I make them at home I usually do the queso, black beans, spicy taco meat, guacamole, and sour cream.

There is an Irish restaurant in Frisco that makes really good chicken nachos that I like a lot.

You know...I don't think there are many nachos I don't like. I just don't eat them very often because it's not very healthy.

3. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I love nachos, but they are so bad for you that I just stay away.

If I do have them, I just make them at home with whole wheat tortilla chips and a mexican cheese mix and leave it at that or add a few extra high protein items.

I can't remember the last time I had any nachos though.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Funny thing about Nachos... I've associated them with Hockey Games.

Back when we had Season Tickets to the Falcons when they were still a team here in Fresno, our "good luck" routine was a Shredded Beef Nacho with extra Jalepenos from "Bobby Salazars". Started out as a joke, my cousin tells me "You better get extra Jalepeno's.... its good luck". Then truth be told it was one of the best games I'd seen. A bunch of good fights, a close win, basically A+ Entertainment from the Spectators point of view. From then on we always made sure to get that same Nacho.

Overall, I like 'em. I wouldnt go out of my way to a Restaurant and order Nachos :hah: thats just silly in my opinion. But at places like sporting events or just a nice quick but messy lunch, a Nacho is always a welcome thing for me.

I swear every time I've heard you or some other Texan talk about "Frisco" the thought flies through my head "you came to California?" (Frisco = Local Quikname for San Francisco for those that arent aware)

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

A Sporting event is a good place to get Nachos, so is a Sports bar. It's not silly to order Nachos at a restaurant, well not for me. A lot of people will order it as an appetizer or if they just want a quick meal with a jug of beer.

6. icegoat63

yeah I forgot to clarify... to order Nachos as your main course is Silly IMO. Nachos are an Appetizer course, not a main. There are so many other vastly better things to choose from at a Mexican Restaurant than just Nachos :hah:

But hey to each is own, lol as far as that goes, Kim still orders Chicken Strips when we go to Steak Houses :hah: That one I may never fully understand hahaha.

7. AnitaKnapp

You know what's funny? I order appetizers as meals all the time. :p

And yeah...but Frisco is the actual city name, not a shortened version, so there!

8. icegoat63

I can even think of the last time I ordered an Appetizer as my main course. I mean hell most places I go, even if i"m not that hungry I absolutely love Leftovers so I'll just order normally and take everything back. That and I just wont go out if I cant afford a full meal :hah: I'm way to OCD about that kinda stuff.

However if I were to order an Appetizer as a main course, I think a Nacho is probably the best fringeline food. That followed closely by those Deep Fried Pancake Globs that Denny's has. Those are full of Heart Stopping Win covered in maple syrup.

Thats fine, I've never even been to Frisco and I can already tell you in my opinion San Fran < Frisco :hah:

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Yes it is, I've been through there a couple of times:)

I usually just order botanas which is like a huge plate of nachos for like 4 people with jalapenos of course.

10. AnitaKnapp

lol. I actually do it quite a bit, especially at Mexican restaurants because I don't like spanish rice, at all. And the refried beans are just ok, but nothing to rave about IMO...so appetizers work quite well for me in that situation.