• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 N64 vs orignal Playstation who had the better graphics?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Havent seen one yet! Feel free to start one up if you like!

nman77

Registered Member
Yeah there was a difference with the expansion pak in use. I think the game where you could see it the most was Rogue Squadron. Wow what a fantastic game.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I'm sorry but I didn't like the 64 one bit...I enjoied my playstation better..
Boy you folks didn't play many raceing and off the wall games that the PS1 had to offer..:cool:
I like nintendo but at the time all they wanted to make were cutesie games and remake the same old games..You have to admit that the PS1 had alot of original titles..
It had it's share of turkies and poor graphics but then again so did the 64..All in all I thought the PS1 was better than the 64..
BTW the 64 is the only nintendo system I don't have..And don't want.

You're missing out on some great games, then. The two Zelda's that came out on the 64 were awesome. F-Zero X was an awesome racer. And need I mention Goldeneye and Perfect Dark?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Don't get me wrong..I had a 64 and all the games you mentioned but I still like the PS1 to the 64..I didn't like the 64 controlers at all..

CrispyCocaine

Registered Member
nman77 said:
Yeah there was a difference with the expansion pak in use. I think the game where you could see it the most was Rogue Squadron. Wow what a fantastic game.
Omg, I forgot all about that game Rogue Squadron. This game was such a Blast. I played my Nintendo 64 a bunch more than I played my Playstation. I didn't really like the Playstation.

I remember I played the hell out of Diddy Kong Racing, another awesome game.

Ah, Diddy Kong Racing. I remember trying to enjoy that game, but I just couldn't. Maybe I just sucked at the game, but I found it to be frustrating and not very fun. I ended up giving it to a friend.

Mario Kart 64, however, I did beat 100%. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Diddy Kong Racing was more creative, though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I was actually gonna make a Mario Kart 64 vs Diddy Kong Racing topic.

I had a lot more fun with DKR because of the Adventure Mode. MK64's singleplayer was really annoying and not very fun. I think I have more fun just doing time trials in that game. DKR's multiplayer kinda sucked though.

I liked DKR's adventure mode, that was awesome, but when it came down to racing I hated it. It's not that the gameplay wasn't fun, it's that the CPU racers always got on my nerves. Mario Kart always seemed more fair, so it was more fun to play. Or maybe it was just easier. Either way, I preferred Mario Kart.