• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 N64 vs orignal Playstation who had the better graphics?

I don't quite remember now, but I do remember at the time thinking that the lighting and gun effects (laser blasts and the such) seemed noticeably enhanced.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
yes, it provided smoother graphics in games that utilized the expansion pak also allowing more onscreen without slowdown... I dont think it did anything to games that didnt utilize it

dk_rare

Registered Member
The expansion pack was sort of a gimmick, but then again for turok 2 to look as good as it did that early in the 64s life was pretty impressive.

Then again DK 64 looked pretty good too, but Conker didn't need it and conker had actualy lips moving (oooo, lips)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The only reason I even got the expansion pack was so I could play Majora's Mask. Didn't that require it? I know Perfect Dark did. I don't even remember buying it, to be honest. Did it come with either of those games or did you have to buy it separately?

dk_rare

Registered Member
I remember having two of them, as standard editions of PD were out when I went in, launch day, so I had to buy the expanded edition (same game, bigger box).

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
I'd have to agree I didn' t notice that big of a diffrerence between the expanion pak and the jpak. Except when it came to games like perfect dark they really needed the pak because to be honest the other pak couldn't of handled some of those rates.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The expansion pack couldn't really handle PD either. That game had some serious framerate problems.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Am I the only one here that thought PD was a pretty awesome game? It did have a few frame rate problems, sure, but it was nigh on the best shooter for that generation!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Great multiplayer. The singleplayer was kind of a letdown. Overall, Goldeneye was a better game than PD.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Is there a PD vs GE thread yet? ; ) I don't actually know which I like better, I love them both so much!