• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 N64 vs orignal Playstation who had the better graphics?

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
Who is your pick for who had the best graphics. My pick is a hard one because playstation had the funny pixelization and N64 had the edged polygons, but didn't have the pixelization. So over all I'd have to pick N64.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
really, there were nice graphical games on both systems... and they both had games that looked like utter crap... (Superman 64 anyone?)

I would have to go with the N64 because alot of games just overall looked better.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
N64, definitely. I always hated the pixelated look of the Playstation.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The N64 was smoother, which lead to the smooth graphics of the Gamecube. The Playstation went for the more realisitic look, but you also saw a whole bunch of pixelated mess.

I'm going to go with Playstation, becuase of the more realistic look. The N64's had more of a chance, but never were used for the realistic looks.

nman77

Registered Member
N64 was definately better. As many people have said, it was a lot smoother. And the Expansion Pack made some games very impressive looking at the time.

dk_rare

Registered Member
If I liked warping polygons, I would have to go the PS. But I like my graphics clean, so N64 wins hands down

Albey

Registered Member
I go with n64 also, thats one of the reasons i never owned a play station I.

The game that popped into my head when I first read this was Turok 2. I remember thinking that game was incredible looking, even without the expansion pak. Then when I got an expansion pak I just drooled some more.
I'll go with the N64 on this one.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Did the expansion pack really make that big of a difference? Games still looked the same to me.