N. Korea threatens U.S. with 'nuclear war'

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Kazmarov, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Source

What do you think about the comments that North Korea made? Considering their missile range I don't see how they could land an "annihilating strike".

2. They couldnt, and they know even if they did launch their one missle they would have Russia, China, and Japan kicking the shit out of them.

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I've always thought the idea of pre-emptive attacks was really foolish in many situations... If we're going to be stupid enough to attack them for something they haven't even done, they have every right to attack us back. We made the first move in that situation, and they're retaliating. All of a sudden, the blame shifts from their heads to our own.

4. Well I dont think the US is going to attack them without reason, I was thinking more along the lines that incase they attacked us.

5. Mecha

Mecha Guest

That goes in the book as a rather perfectly useless qualification :)

North Korea is North Korea. 'nuff said. The situation is stable, short of possible US action. Only real harm North Korea will inflict is spread of nuclear technology, which has only happened so far with Pakistan as the nuclear technology trading ringleader, so the problem is with them more than N. Korea in that case.

~Mecha

6. If we have our anti-missle defense working I doubt their missle would even hit our country, get destroyed in the air.

7. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

While it is important that if they DO shoot a missile at us, it doesn't inflict any damage, it's much more important to ensure that they don't shoot at us at all. There's the good way of doing this (diplomacy) and the bad way (destroying them before they get the chance)... I see a pre-emptive strike as the bad way of accomplishing the goal, as it is only a temporary solution, and it breeds further resentment.

8. In order for diplomacy to work they'd need a new leader, one that actually wants peace, not show off, etc.

9. Cheezewiz

Cheezewiz Guest

I am with SenatorB, pre-emptive attacks are completley stupid. I mean how could you attack someone just because you think they might attack you. That just gives them a reason to attack you. I jsut really hopes a nuclear war doesn't start. Normal wars are bad, so imagine a nuclear one.

10. There really is no such thing as "normal war," war is constantly evolving.