• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

N. Korea Missile Watch

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
North Korea accused Washington of seeking to "provoke a second Korean War" as the regime prepared to hold maritime military exercises off the eastern coast.

So now we're the ones provoking the military action apparently...

U.S. and regional authorities were watching closely for signs that North Korea might fire short- or mid-range missiles during the June 25 to July 10 timeframe cited in a no-sail ban for military drills sent to Japan's Coast Guard.

North Korea had warned previously it would fire a long-range missile as a response to U.N. Security Council condemnation of an April rocket launch seen as a cover for its ballistic missile technology.

North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war, and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to start another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," a dispatch from the official Korean Central News Agency said.

GreenvilleOnline.com | Greenville News | The Greenville News
This just keeps getting uglier and uglier...

[humor] I think a contributing factor to them being so pissed off is 'cause Obama didnt offer Kim Jong Ill any hot dogs (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/world/02diplo.html) :hah: [/humor]

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
All I'm going to say is that I'm with you on this, things are getting uglier and uglier. I'm thinking of relocating my living space to underneath a very large rock.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Further down on the article it'd said that the current missile is pointed at Hawaii and they were asking me here in the office "why hawaii whats there?"

and I said; well if I were a radical dictator going after the States from the Pacific Front, that'd be what I'd do to. I mean in a sense Japan had the right concept but not the right backbone to finish it off. Hit the Naval fleet we have in the Pacific Hawaiian area hard with a nuke or something and cripple 'em. That buys enough time to push other Missile boats deeper into the Pacific and closer to the States, enough to bombard hard the Californian Military bases..."

I mean its a disgusting thought, hell one that even puts my family and I in a harms way if they were to attack that far and using that strategy (with Lemoore Naval Air Station being only a hop skip and a jump from me).

Right now I just gotta hope that those Patriot defense systems and Satellites are workign as good and effective as they say they will / are. 'Cause holy hell this doesnt look like its going to end well at all.
------
Oh and thats the other thing... I'm sick of hearing the "Its not gonna happen, and even if it did we'd crush 'em they wouldnt stand a chance".

Well I'm sick of hearing that, I want to see it. North Korea to me sounds like they mean business and to me it seems like the UN and the USA are taking it like a joke. They may have outdated equipment that we're aware of, they may have less resources. But they have something behind them that I dont feel the US has... something that has helped win countless wars.... Passion.

I mean look at the Revolutionary War. Colonists were outnumbered, outskilled, outarmed... out everything... but they had Passion. Look at the Mexican revolution, same thing... mexicans had all the odds stacked against them and they still came out ahead. Literally all throughout history this is what we see over and over and over. A group that everyone just sorta shrugs off until that group ends up taking over. So seriously... I'm sick of hearing "oh we're gonna mop the floor with 'em". 'Cause I dont feel we're giving N. Korea the military respect it deserves. They will put up a fight if the SHTF, they Will take countless lives, they WILL bring this war to the US Soil.

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Further down on the article it'd said that the current missile is pointed at Hawaii and they were asking me here in the office "why hawaii whats there?"

and I said; well if I were a radical dictator going after the States from the Pacific Front, that'd be what I'd do to. I mean in a sense Japan had the right concept but not the right backbone to finish it off. Hit the Naval fleet we have in the Pacific Hawaiian area hard with a nuke or something and cripple 'em. That buys enough time to push other Missile boats deeper into the Pacific and closer to the States, enough to bombard hard the Californian Military bases..."

I mean its a disgusting thought, hell one that even puts my family and I in a harms way if they were to attack that far and using that strategy (with Lemoore Naval Air Station being only a hop skip and a jump from me).

Right now I just gotta hope that those Patriot defense systems and Satellites are workign as good and effective as they say they will / are. 'Cause holy hell this doesnt look like its going to end well at all.
------
Oh and thats the other thing... I'm sick of hearing the "Its not gonna happen, and even if it did we'd crush 'em they wouldnt stand a chance".

Well I'm sick of hearing that, I want to see it. North Korea to me sounds like they mean business and to me it seems like the UN and the USA are taking it like a joke. They may have outdated equipment that we're aware of, they may have less resources. But they have something behind them that I dont feel the US has... something that has helped win countless wars.... Passion.

I mean look at the Revolutionary War. Colonists were outnumbered, outskilled, outarmed... out everything... but they had Passion. Look at the Mexican revolution, same thing... mexicans had all the odds stacked against them and they still came out ahead. Literally all throughout history this is what we see over and over and over. A group that everyone just sorta shrugs off until that group ends up taking over. So seriously... I'm sick of hearing "oh we're gonna mop the floor with 'em". 'Cause I dont feel we're giving N. Korea the military respect it deserves. They will put up a fight if the SHTF, they Will take countless lives, they WILL bring this war to the US Soil.
I think it's unlikely to happen. Mainly because I can imagine your country probably has Delta on stand-by to make sure that shit doesn't happen. Not an unbelievable situation really, unless you're cleared who really knows what sort of shit SF troops get up to?

Doesn't mean it won't happen for definite, though. All sorts of shit could happen.

Arcadoc

Registered Member
I'm not trying to turn this into a political issue, but it's too bad GWB isn't still president right now instead of BHO. The only thing I mean is that if this thing goes sour like a lot of people think it will, we're going to need someone who's not afraid to unleash our bombers on them. The biggest thing I fear in a situation such as this is having a leader who doesn't have the best interest of his own country at heart, and is afraid to fire a few missiles of his own.
This situation calls for a leader who will pick up the phone and call little Kim and tell him that if he launches even one missile towards US soil, it will be the last thing he ever does. Unfortunately, we don't have that leader right now.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I'm not trying to turn this into a political issue, but it's too bad GWB isn't still president right now instead of BHO. The only thing I mean is that if this thing goes sour like a lot of people think it will, we're going to need someone who's not afraid to unleash our bombers on them. The biggest thing I fear in a situation such as this is having a leader who doesn't have the best interest of his own country at heart, and is afraid to fire a few missiles of his own.
Where do you get this stuff? Obama has US interests at heart he is your president after all, dont believe everything fox tells you.

If the US started flying sorties over NK without any just cause(sabre-rattling is not a just cause) as soon as the first wave of refugees hit the Chinese border WW3 would be on its way, considering China could bankrupt the US overnight and cause inflation that makes Zimbabwes look placid Im not sure why you are so eager to bend lil'kim over your knee as you would be the ones who would be taking it up the ####. All the military might in the world is worthless when you have nothing to support it and your paying your life savings just to buy a loaf of bread. The US can not do anything without the nod from China and that nod will only come when NK becomes a threat, at the moment though throwing a few half arsed failling rockets around the Pacific and some underground tests are hardly a threat to global security, and are little more than the little guy trying to flex his muscles.

Let NK come to you and China will be your ally, if you go chasing NK then byebye USA. Be thankful you have that leader who appreciates this otherwise you might want to go and stock up on beans whilst you can still afford them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
North Korea accused Washington of seeking to "provoke a second Korean War" as the regime prepared to hold maritime military exercises off the eastern coast.

So now we're the ones provoking the military action apparently...

This just keeps getting uglier and uglier...
I'm confused. Aren't they the ones who has given a time frame and target (Hawaii July 5-8 or something, I'm trying to remember what you posted in another thread) for their missile?

Side note: my grandfather fought in the first Korean war. :)

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Update on the situation:

SEOUL, South Korea — Tens of thousands of North Koreans shouted slogans to denounce international sanctions at a rally in central Pyongyang on Thursday, as the communist country vowed to enlarge its atomic arsenal and warned of a "fire shower of nuclear retaliation" in the event of a U.S. attack.
The rally marked the 1950 outbreak of the Korean War, which about 5,000 people _ mostly American and South Korean veterans and war widows _ also commemorated at a ceremony in Seoul.
The anniversary came a day after President Barack Obama extended U.S. economic sanctions against North Korea, saying its arsenal and the risk of proliferation "continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat" to the United States, according to the White House Web site.
The U.S. measures are on top of U.N. sanctions imposed on the North over its nuclear test in May. The U.N. sanctions bar member states from buying weapons from or selling them to North Korea. They also ban the sale of luxury goods to the isolated country and financial transactions.
In Pyongyang, an estimated 100,000 packed the main square, shouting "Let's smash!" in unison while punching clenched fists in the air, footage from APTN in North Korea showed. A placard showed hands crushing a missile with "U.S." written on it.
North Korea Threatens A "Fire Shower Of Nuclear Retaliation" If Attacked

Well isn't that nice, after we gave them all that fuel and food aid in that deal where they dismantled their weapons program, which they didn't!? :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw that too. In another article I saw that North Korea has threatened to wipe the U.S. off the face of the earth.

What are we waiting for? Something needs to be done now. Sitting down with Kim Jong il for a cup of coffee will not do anything here. He needs to be taken out and ASAP.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
Pfft, says the crazed lunatic threatening to launch a missile at Hawaii just because he thinks he can.