Mystery vacation

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by jumbobingo, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jumbobingo

jumbobingo New Member

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a good idea. It's a good price now, but I'd rather take that money and go somewhere where I KNOW where I am going LOL!

3. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

There are a few weird things here. (I was a travel agent in a former life.....before the Mom thing) Since 9/11 you can't change names on plane tickets even for a fee. They state this trip was purchased for themselves. Hmmmm? Also since the winner could be from anywhere the only thing I can come up with is it's not really a vacation but a travel voucher? "Most" travel vouchers are basically a gift certificate to a travel or tour operator for a set amount of money to be used in any way you want (location etc) Maybe I'll just have to write them and ask about the name change thingy.....

Well, I got my answer. The reply was that the auction stated tickets were purchased but not what kind of tickets. Sooooo since airline tkts are non transferable that would have to mean something is a little weird here since the auction clearly states airfare is included. Still guessing it is a travel voucher of some kind....

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  4. ebayrulz

ebayrulz Registered Member

I never saw this auction I wish I would have bid on it! LOL

5. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

well I don't know if I would want to buy a vacation that someone else purchased for themselves.

actually, yes I do know! I would not want to hahhaa :lol:

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

They could have won it. There are a lot of free or discount vacation packages out there that not everybody has time to go on when they get them. :D