Mystery suitcase... cool story!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by fairyquadmother, May 18, 2005.

1. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

2. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I can't believe she suckered her buyer into letting her buy it back! Did you notice who is the high bidder, how many times they've bid, & how they're mentioned in the description & in her questions?

3. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

We have an exclusive deal with the seller to showcase more photos and information here each day.

This is the high bidders words i think they are in it together

4. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Sittin here thinkin about this... too bad we couldnt pool our money here and use the BIN :evil grin: 20k... darnit where's 1_ares_1 with those winning lotto tickets!

5. Julie

Julie Registered Member

What I don't understand is first she says: "When you combined the eBay fees, the additional shipping fees and the PayPal fees, I was out almost a $1000 but I had to satisfy my own curiosity ..."
    Then further down the description: "...and regardless of whether or not we sell these items on eBay, I have turned a huge profit and covered my costs."

I'm sitting here *scratching head* trying to figure out how to turn a huge profit & cover costs on something that doesn't sell if I also say I'm out almost $1,000? Maybe I should send this question to her & see what her answer is :evil laugh:

Yeah! I gave her numbers too! Wonder if they worked?

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  6. lilys_things

lilys_things Registered Member

I bid on it.. Jason outbid me to run it up. He is in cahoots with ther too..
    He has given her top billing on his main page.
    But she did find a 1000.00 bill in a book or something.. ..and some of the old money is worth something..
    But I liked her auction, I felt it was authentic..but not now with BB.com involved.

Why didn't she post a pic of the thousand dollar bill?

7. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Hmmm Good ole jason to the rescue. Dam his site must be hurting bad

8. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

I have to admit, part of me wondered if she didn't want it back cuz she was scared she'd get busted. If I was the winning bidder, I wouldn't have let it go back LOL.

9. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I really, really want to believe this auction is 100% legit. But some things just don't a up. I remember her saying (in her 1st auction) that the seller had the suitcase, but didn't want to revel it b/c of nasty emails he was getting. Now, he never had it. I don't know, there are a few other things that just make you feel funny. Anyone else?

10. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Yeah, I haven't checked out the activity of the winning bidder from the first one. But I have a hard time believing that with as high profile as that first auction was that this person was willing & agreeing to letting it "come back" to her & left her pos FB on top of it? Either she's a REAL GOOD B.S.'er or something is definitely "up" with this auction. And did you see that BB changed their ID? Is that supposed to keep them from getting noticed or something? I don't get it.