Mystery safe from Goldenpalace.com worth $1MM+

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MenInTights, Apr 22, 2005.

1. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

WOW this one could get huge. :cool:Thats one of the highest ones i've seen. Gonna have to watch this one. I wish her good luck on her auction.
    Till next time.............................. :warp:

3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

What's driving this over the top is there have been 4 or 5 companies that have added something to the safe since the auction started. This thing could end up being 20-30 mystery items. That would rock!

4. pork

pork Registered Member

already at 100,000.00 wow lol wish i could afford that lmao

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Interesting. 5,000-ish hits and over 100K in 2 days.. We will see how this ends nonetheless.

Personally I'd hardly categorize it as a true high profile auction in the common sense of "things that sell for much more than they are worth."

She guarantees it's contents are worth over $1.3 million, and the current bid is much less. If this is true then she will lose money unless she sells for over $1.3 million. Anything above that point is what will make it a high profile auction.

That's why the mystery items are hard to categorize.

6. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

What I don't understand is if she has things in there guaranteed to be worth 1.3
    million dollars, than why did she bother to sell her name for $15,000.
    If the contents are worth over a million dollars she is already rich.
    I find it a little confusing .

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I was reading the auction to the hubby.....he said "Throw a thousand on it" :D Ummm yeah sure dear..........

Anyone remember anything selling on ebay for 1.3 mil? I've been around there since '97 and I don't remember hearing anything......

I was thinking the same thing when I read the auction!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  8. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

I Just dont understand the mystery auctions......how do they make any money if they sell it for much less than its worth?

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hope to sell for more, but I would feel bad doing that. I dunno.

10. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

When I did my mystery tube auction. The winning bidder didnt pick the money tube. But I felt terrible giving them nothing..so I took the money from the auction and bought them a ring that way they got something and I got my piece of mind back LOL :)