**Mystery Key?!** (Relisted)

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by joyners, Apr 3, 2005.

1. joyners

joyners Registered Member

Well the previous winning bidder asked for a refund of the mystery key. No not because of what it started, opened or unlocked. But because they have a medical condition that prvents them from using it.

So it has been re-listed where we left off.

Here is the link to the re-listed Mystery Key Auction

Enjoy
    TTYL
    Ernie

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's unfortunate, but I tip my hat to you for offering the refund.

It's too bad they couldn't appreciate the publicity they got from it. Maybe it was an individual though, just looking to have fun. Either way, best of luck on the new auction!

Will add it to my watched list.

Starting it at $2,962.00 may hurt your bidding though. I'd recommend starting at $1,000 so you get some fresh players in the game, but it's totally up to you of course. :)

3. joyners

Well I've just made it even more interesting by re-starting it at $1.00 and running it for 10 days. I have a feeling it won't stay there for long.

Your right about the attention. I get tons of it every day and even though the auctions may have ended the questions don't. People still email and ask all sorts of questions, the most frequent, "What's in the Envelope" or "What was the key for."

I'm sure who ever finally wins this Mystery Key will get lots of attention, I know Golden Palace is still getting emails and that auction ended over a month ago.

See, sitting here typing this 6 more just came in. lol

TTYL
    Ernie

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi. I’m sorry that you got the key returned.... Good luck on the relisting of your auction. I’ll be watching it... :cool:

P.S: I think satisfaction or your money guarantee back is a good idea.... :cool:

5. Mirage

6. trees

trees Registered Member

Well, Good luck! Maybe you will win! I will be rooting for ya! :lol:

7. Mirage

If I do win I won't ask for a refund. :)

8. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

LOL if you win will you tell us what it is? (I first looked at the Q/A part of the auction thinking it was another auctionsightings plug :))

GOOD LUCK with auction part 2!

9. joyners

Well that's good (snicker)

As I stated in the auction this time the mystery key comes with no refund or return.

I gave it allot of thought and realized it was a good idea but it draws people just wanting to find out what it was and then return it. No I don't believe this is what the last person did. They said it was because of a medical condition they have and I took them at their word.

I can't control what copycats do with their auctions and I regret a few are out to scam people but I think ebay has ways of dealing with this and buyers as well should find out who they are dealing with and if they feel after wards they got scammed they should leave appropriate feedback. No not all mystery auctions are like this but a few have spoiled it a bit from the entertaining fun it was meant to be.

It's a gamble they take and as for my auctions any ways it is a chance I take that the bid will at least reach the actual value.

People need to realize, I do have a reputation to uphold and I'm not going to throw away what has been built up just to make a few extra bucks. I am running a mystery auction not running for a political office. lol

TTYL
    Ernie

Ps. Thanks for the bid Andrew, good luck.

10. Mirage

Hmm, I didn't re-read the listing.. LOL! Oh well, wasn't going to ask for a refund anyway. :)

Well, I got outbid. Will wait and see how it goes now..

Hey what happened to this auction? Ebay killed it????? What for?? It was the same as your last one???? :(

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005