• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mystery GM

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I met a guy at the bar the other night that does catering for the WWE. He knows alot about the business and is a really big fan. I asked him when they are going to drop this stupid GM angle, and he said originally it was supposed to be HHH but he is helping Linda right now in her campaign and doesn't have to time to be on TV....interesting.

He also mention that the company knows that is time to let go of the angle and will give the "GM" spot to someone else...my question is who do you think it will be? Michael Cole, JR, or Vince himself.

Also another fyi JR is still the VP for Talent Relations for the WWE. So there could still be a chance it could be him, and if it is...that would make this angle awesome.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no clue who it is, honestly it could be anyone. I really hope it's not Michael Cole, he's annoying enough as an announcer. I wouldn't mind if it was good ol JR though, it could definitely be an interesting angle/storyline if it was.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
The anonymous GM said, among other things, that he had always hated Bret Hart. I don't see how they could square that comment with Ross. For that matter, I'm not even sure how they could square it with Trips.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The anonymous GM said, among other things, that he had always hated Bret Hart. I don't see how they could square that comment with Ross. For that matter, I'm not even sure how they could square it with Trips.
Triple H was part of the Survivor Series screw job, so that would make sense. I don't see how they can point it to JR though. There is also noise that HBK wants to come back in an non wrestler role, so this can be his que as well.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It could be so many different people that I don't have a clue myself. Honestly, I just really want to find out and I'm tired of waiting.

It's gone on long enough...we deserve to know. Hopefully it's a nice surprise!

Konshentz

Konshentz
I wish it was possible that it was Stone Cold, that might interest me in the WWE again. Actually, I know it would.

How do you guys switch from MNF? During commercials? Half-time? Haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They reply the show on Tuesday's here at 4pm, so I'm very fortunate.

Trips, isn't a huge fan of Bret Hart so why don't you think it might be HHH Tucker?

The WWE have to be careful right now, they've done a lot of things with this mystery GM, and they can't screw it up.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I just want them to drop it. I think it's been a decent gimmick they've fucked up heavily.

I have no clue who it is, honestly it could be anyone. I really hope it's not Michael Cole, he's annoying enough as an announcer. I wouldn't mind if it was good ol JR though, it could definitely be an interesting angle/storyline if it was.
Well we all know i'm crazy...but this takes the cake. I like Michael Cole, as an announcer, and I wouldn't mind him as the GM. I think he would be better than Coach. But I would rather it be either Triple H or HBK.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've probably said this before, but:

I like Michael Cole as a heel announcer. When he's solely showing that side of himself, he annoys everyone so well that it works wonders and makes the broadcast interesting. The same goes with him possibly being the GM...it's something that would work, but everyone's been guessing him as a possibility since the beginning, and it would be kind of "eh" unless he does it really well.

Here's where I get PO'ed, and probably more at Vince's poor character consistency and lack of classic booking skill lately. Cole plays a heel ONLY at certain times. Obviously when the Miz is out...sometimes with other heel wrestlers. But if Cena's out, suddenly Michael Cole is a babyface again. And watch out if it's Cena and Miz facing off, Cole will have a split personality on live television. It's horrible to watch.

If he and the writers commit to a continuous heel character for Cole, I'm fine with him being as prominent as he is (announcing every show) or even being GM. I'd still prefer it to be a big surprise, like HHH, etc.