Mystery Gift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Dec 8, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

heres the situation: Every year at the Christmas party you go to everyone draws a name out of hat... the name you draw is the name you buy a gift for at next years Christmas part. But this year you cant remember for the life of you who you ended up drawing at the last party! So with little time left to shop and hardly any idea what to get you now have the topic.

So topic is:

You dont know a thing about who you're gift is for (that includes male or female). What do you get them.

Rules:
    1. Money is not a gift it is a donation... we give gifts to each other at Christmas not donations.
    2. Gift Certificates can be given... as a secondary gift enclosed in a card.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's two things.

I think the Dark Knight would make a good gift, almost everyone loved that movie, so I'm sure they would enjoy it.

Also a box set of Lost or something of that nature would make a good gift as well in my opinion.

Either way, good luck.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

A gift to suit anyone... hmmm tough, but I'd probably go for a box of chocolates and an alarm clock. Or anything small, simple and non-gender specific from a gadget shop. I dunno really!

Edit: where did alarm clock come from?! I think I must have looked around my room for inspiration and written the first thing I saw lol.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
    RATTIE likes this.
  4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Depending on what the limit is I'd go with like a starbucks gift certificate or maybe a gift certificate to a movie rental because really, I don't like Batman that much and still have yet to see Dark Knight and probably won't unless its on at 3 AM somewhere on cable years to come if that. Or you could do an ebay gift certificate.

5. dows

dows New Member

What about a subscription to Nat Geo - everyone likes their pictures right?
    Or you could go joke present ... like sexually explicit stuff that is a little embarrassing but funny.
    Or food. Food is always a good 'get out easy' present.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Dude, why pick a year ahead? :lol: We have that mystery gift going on too but we get our picks a month ahead.

So if I understood it correctly, GCs are not allowed except if you're giving it with another (primary) gift?

I would go for something edible - basket of goodies. You should have an idea more or less with the type of people who would receive it (are they adults, are they rockers, church goers, gym people, kids, singles, married) and fit the selection of goodies to that. The good thing about food is that even if they already have it, it won't be a problem (unlike books, dvds, cds). You also don't need to think about getting the proper size.