• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mysterious illness of falling asleep

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The remote 600-person town of Kalachi, Kazakhstan is more than just sleepy. Its residents are asleep and no one knows why.

People In Kazakhstan Can't Stop Falling Asleep And No One Knows Why
Has anyone heard of this illness? Seems people are just falling asleep and sometimes sleep for days. Its been going on for a while and they still are no closer to an answer. I would suspect that the closed uranium mine may be the culprit but that hasn't been proved.

Thoughts?

Mysterious "illness" of sudden fall asleep in Kazakhstan

Last edited:

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It probaly is all about the Uranium mines since it happens in Krasnogorsk Russia too. And there were Uranium mines there too.
The Neverending Nap 2

It's probaly something about Uranium that scientists dont understand yet. Maybe how it affects the local food or water or air.
As for me if I was living in Kalachi or Krasnogorsk I would... move.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They need to help all those people relocate. It can't be good for them to be exposed to something that causes them to fall asleep like that. They should also seal those mines up if they can.

I feel sorry for anyone that got buried alive. That would be horrible.