Mysterious History

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Kazmarov, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I'm not really talking about conspiracies here, but where in history do you see some event or something and find it rather curious? Ancient civilizations disappearing, odd behavior by great leaders or evil tyrants; where does stuff sort of feel weird?

2. FBrown89

FBrown89 Registered Member

The happenings at The Bermuda Triangle.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

If you draw a triangle between most three points with sea or ocean inbetween, they actually have a similar amount of accidents.

4. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Yet, I looked it up on Google earth and there is people living on that isle!

And how Nobunaga Oda( I think he was burned in the temple of Honnuji) was really killed along with other Shogun lords

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  5. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Registered Member

Ah balls...I don't really read much on south American native tribes but apparently there was a city full of them that was thriving, but then overnight simply vanished without a trace. Not even foot prints.

6. booku

booku Registered Member

Czar Nicholas II and his family and the possible escape of Anastasia. Also USO's and other accounts of UFO's during and after WWII.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

An intriguing and sad past of history but the big mystery is no more, they found the remains last year and officially identified them a couple of weeks ago as being those of Anastasia and Alexei. News Article
    The assassination and who killed Grigori Rasputin? still has a lot of questions that need answers.

Machu Picchu possibly?

I always find the disappearance of the ancient wonders a fascination, only the pyramids of giza have survived
    Keeping on the theme of wonders the Amber Room at Catherines Palace St Petersburg and its disapearance during WW2 intrigues me.

For me the biggest mystery has to be the events of Woodbury hill, Worcester England in 1405.

The background setting is the Welsh had revolted and become an independent country and were fighting fiercely against the English oppressors. With a large Welsh army and an allied French force they marched onto England to challenge the English army, they met at Woodbury hill, where both armies proceeded to just sit there and watch each other, after a few days the Welsh forces got up and went home with not a person slain. Nobody knows why they did not engage.

The revolt lasted another 4 years but for some reason that battle never took place and as it was the largest collective of forces during the revolt it was a vital one. Soon after this French politics forced them to stop supporting the Welsh and without foreign support the Welsh revolt collapsed under the English strength. Had that battle taken place, the whole history of Wales, the British Isles, its subsequent Empire and the rest of the world could of been very very different.

Another Battle is the Battle of Ulm during the Napoleonic war, where Austria as a part of the Third coalition prematurely invaded Bavaria without having the necessary support from its allies Russia who at the time were still in Poland. Napolean sent out an army (that was waiting to invade Britain) and they easily subdued the Austrians.

The myth says that the Austrians were not aware that the Russians used the Julian calender and invaded too early as they got the dates wrong and were using the Gregorian calender, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that they did take the different dates into account, so why did they find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time?

8. Jakey-D

Jakey-D Registered Member

I think that alot of the pictures found on the temples of ancient civilisations and even some cave paintings are very mysterious. If you do some research into it you'll find that their are pics that seem to depict modern technology such as planes. I remember that what looked like atoy plane was found which had been carved by an ancient civilisation. By plane I mean like a modern jet.

I'm also mesmorised by the thought of how exactly the great pyramids were constructed. It's such a great feat of engineering.

9. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Registered Member

Jakey, the "planes" and the like turned out to be eroded and combined gliphs.

Spackerchip likes this.
  10. booku

booku Registered Member

He drowned. But not before first being poisoned, beaten and shot.

Spackerchip likes this.