Mysterio's Return Pushed Back

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rey Mysterio was scheduled to return to the ring from bicep surgery next month. However, the company has pulled him from all house shows in June. No return date for Mysterio has been set either. WWE had plans for Mysterio to return at One Night Stand on 6/1 because its in his hometown of San Diego, but that's obviously off the cards. Additionally, prowrestling.NET is reporting that there is plenty of second guessing going on amongst officials on the decision to allow Rey to opt for a new surgical procedure that was supposed to reduce his recovery time from six months to six weeks. Mysterio acquired an infection during the initial surgery that led to even more procedures. Mysterio opted for a local surgeon that has been sued multiple times for malpractice instead of renown surgeon Dr. James Andrews.
WrestleZone.com

First off why wouldn't he go to Dr Andrews he's knows has one of the best surgeons in the world, instead he goes to a surgeon that got sued a couple times, doesn't make much sence to me.

Second off, it's ashame that we won't be seeing him anytime soon since hes a great wrestler and Smackdown need him really bad.

I actually find him pretty boring. After watching him about 3 times in action he just does the same thing over and over and over again. Maybe move him to RAW to get built up better than he has on SmackDown!

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont want to say it but Rey deserves this delay for not just going to Dr Andrews. I understand he wanted to come back sooner and thats fine but its also reckless.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
As far as returns go, I'm always nervous a wrestler will re-injure him/herself if coming back too soon. The only thing this delay will bring about is a better and more safe return for Rey Rey.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
As far as returns go, I'm always nervous a wrestler will re-injure him/herself if coming back too soon. The only thing this delay will bring about is a better and more safe return for Rey Rey.
And considering Rey's luck the past couple years he'd be better off waiting it out...just to be safe.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Rey's injuries have taken a Toll over the years, he's quite slow and uninteresting in the Ring now-a-days, And to be honest, he seems to have lost the flare to wrestle

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rey's injuries have taken a Toll over the years, he's quite slow and uninteresting in the Ring now-a-days, And to be honest, he seems to have lost the flare to wrestle
Did you just call Rey Mysterio slow? I'm sure that's your personal opinion but I don't know it's coming from.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Did you just call Rey Mysterio slow? I'm sure that's your personal opinion but I don't know it's coming from.
Now that i think about it, Slow isn't the right word to use, but facing reality here, he's nothing like he used to be. He's still not too bad in the ring, but he's changed a lot, for the worse

I guess it could possibly be that i havn't seen him for awhile, due to said Injury:rolleyes:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now that i think about it, Slow isn't the right word to use, but facing reality here, he's nothing like he used to be. He's still not too bad in the ring, but he's changed a lot, for the worse

I guess it could possibly be that i havn't seen him for awhile, due to said Injury:rolleyes:
Yeah he has had multiple surgeries on his knees. I dunno how much longer he can last doing those daredevil manuevers with the knees he's got right now.

I know he was extremely disappointed he couldnt wrestle at Wrestlemania for the 2nd straight year. MIght as well have him come back at Summerslam for the 2nd straight year haha