• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo My Zelda "Quest"

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've never actially finished any Zelda game. That's the truth. My goal is to play through all of them, in order. This doesn't include the CD-i ones, unless I can get my hands on some roms of them. I'll post my status as I go along on the games, probably asking for help along the way.

Games:
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Zelda II - The Adventures of Link (NES)
A Link to the Past (SNES, will play on GBA)
Links Awakening (GB, will play the DX version on GBA)
Ocarina of Time (N64, played on GC)
Majora's Mask (N64, played on GC)
Wind Waker (GC)

The sad thing is, I own every one of these games. I don't have the N64 versions, but I have the collector's disc (Thanks to Buckeye), and both original games on NES.

Today I stated on LoZ. I'm using a map as a guide, to help save on time. I've made it all the way to the fifth dungeon, and woo boy is it hard. I figure the best way to get around that is to get the armor upgrade and find a way to get that extra heart piece so I can get the upgraded sword. Updates next time I get to sit down and play, advice is welcome.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Zelda 1 and Oracle of Ages are the only Zelda games I haven't beaten. And the one on GBA that came out a little while ago. I haven't played that one. I'd do a Zelda Quest like you're doing if I still had Zelda 1. I'm gonna have to buy it for GBA. That game is hard as hell though. I don't know why. I can't beat Zelda 2 no problem.

dk_rare

Registered Member
ooo, as for majoras mask on the collectors edition, make sure that when you save, you save twice in 2 slots, as there was a problem with corrupting of save files (summat like that, I think?)

SamusAran86

Registered Member
that might be a good idea... but I have never had that problem

You should have a blast playing through all of them.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Was there a part in LoZ where you found out the trick to get to the graveyard dungeon? I know it was an up up down etc something or other type of path you had to take to find it? I can't remember. I think I read it on a "Subscribe to Nintendo Power and learn secrets like this" card. :D Did people find that on their own or was there a hint in the game at some point? I certainly never found any in-game instructions for that part.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
talking about the lost wods... up-left-down-left

I think there might be one of those wizards in the dungeons who gives you tips... but overall Im not sure how people found that one out... I dont remebmber myself!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That's the one thing I don't like about Zelda 1. There's a lot of random stuff that I'd never have the patience to figure out for myself, like bombing every wall or burning every bush.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's actually a dude hidden away in one of the mountains that tells you where to to. I'm on the last dungeon now.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
That's the one thing I don't like about Zelda 1. There's a lot of random stuff that I'd never have the patience to figure out for myself, like bombing every wall or burning every bush.
yes, but after the first few times playing through the game, you know where to burn/bomb... I can play through the game in a little over 2 hours, just because I know when and where everything is at, and to this day, I can pick up and play it at any moment. Thats the cool things about the classics

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
So far my husband and I have conquered together all Zelda's except for the ones for GBA. We are getting a GBA SP on Black Friday (can't wait) and then we'll play all! We do own them all.

We just started Four Swords three or four nights ago and only play after the kids are asleep and we know we can complete a level and save. Really sucks to have them walk by and bump the machine in the middle of a quest and poof there goes about a half hour of your game time and you have to start the section over... But anyhow, I think we are nearly done with it :D