• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My transmission died on me

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I swear, when it rains, it pours :shake:

On January 27th I was getting my car out of the snow to get to work. I have a 2001 Ford Mustang GT. I have about 110K miles on it. It's been problem free for the most part.

Well that day in an attempt to get unstuck, I blew a forward clutch and solenoid. In short, my car would only go in reverse.

I took it to a shop that day and they said my tranny was shot and since they don't work on transmissions there was a shop they work with that specializes in tranny's and they do good work.

They took a look at it and said a rebuilt one with labor would run me $2550. I told them that wasn't happening. I managed to score a used one off a wrecked car for about $700 and with labor I'm looking at shelling out only $1200 total (Tranny and labor) as opposed to double that.

Regardless... never let your tranny die on you. It sucks.

/End

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Don't worry about that, that is a fiarly common problem with almost anything that is RWD/v8. Ford in particular got shoddy with their tranny's over the last 15 years or so. Too bad it wasn't just the clutch... But what can you do?