• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My Top 10 Sports Stories Of 2016

Brody

2016 was full of good and bad sports stories. Here is my top 10.

10. Peyton goes out as a champ
9. TFC's run to MLS Cup
8. Crosby's Championship year
7. Cleveland wins NBA title
6. Warriors go 73-9
5. Jagr passes Messier as 2nd best in NHL history.
4. Raptors run to the Eastern Conference Finals
3. Penny Oleksiak and Andre De Grasse light up RIO red and white
2. Cubs no longer cursed
1. Muhammad Ali, Gordie Howe, Jose Fernandez and Arnold Palmer all pass away.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You are obviously Canadian. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't know about a full top 10, but the ones that stand out to me the most are...

1. Cubs win World Series
2. Cavs win NBA title
3. Leicester City wins Premier League

Not only did the Cubs and Cavs both end long droughts, but they both battled back from behind in two of the most epic series in their respective sports' history.

Leicester came out of nowhere to win against the most improbable of odds, 5000-1 to be exact. To put that into perspective, even the Cleveland Browns were 200-1 to win the Super Bowl at the start of this season.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
To me, another top sports story for 2016 is the fact that the Cleveland Browns will not go 0-16, as they finally won a game (which occurred last week against the San Diego Chargers).

I'm not a fan of the Browns. But I'm glad they won because I wouldn't wish an 0-16 record for any NFL team or their fans.