My third auction EVER! Kind of wierd too.

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by samoth, Mar 23, 2006.

1. samoth

samoth New Member

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Did you make that yourself? It's pretty good. Can't say I will be bidding but I will definitely add it to my watched list.

There are a few others here who are into art who will appreciate that too. ;)

3. samoth

samoth New Member

Yes i did do it. I should probably add some sweat flying off of Tyson's brow after he bites away. Thanks.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The hand drawing on his face reminds me of this Escher drawing:

[​IMG]

Were you inspired by this at all when creating your drawing?

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Hey Samoth, that's really good!! It's funny, I recognized Van Gogh immediately, but had to read the discription to see who the other guy was.:lol: Tells you where my interests lay huh?
    Anyway, don't give up on auctioning the art, it takes a while to get your following (I'm still waiting for mine too!!:rolleyes: )

Nice to meet ya!

6. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

looks good! good luck with it.

I am not particularly into art myself. I'm watching for you though :cool: :nod:

7. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

I wound up on the bottom half of the picture only when I clicked on the link (don't worry, just the way my screen is set up right now). Anywho, I immediately thought, a Van Gogh fanatic ... nice.

Then when I saw the whole thing, it's a very .... ummmm ..... interesting concept. Mike Tyson biting off Van Gogh's ear ... hmmmm.

I don't think any art belongs in the weird auction area, although some people's idea of art is weird to me. This is kind of cool. Not the kind of thing I'd buy or put on my wall, but I'm sure someone out there would. Have you tried to reach Mike Tyson? Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if he would be interested (as long as someone explained the irony/significance of the image to him first though :D ).

8. samoth

samoth New Member

Yes, I think your right. My auction should be somewhere else. I was thinking of maybe not washing my belly button until I accumulate 5 grams of "stuff" seal it in a glass vial and offer it up for bids. Gotta think "more wierder" next time.

9. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

Hehehe, I know you got that belly button lint idea from Weird Al Yankovic, right? His "Calling In Sick" song if I remember correctly, but you really should create something with it if you're into crafts :D Now that would be a weird auction! Maybe GoldenPalace would buy it ... heck, if they'll take Captain Kirk's kidney stone and put it in their museum, I'd say something made from belly button lint stands a chance of commanding a high premium online (actually I hope not or I've lost all hope for humanity as we know it today :D )

10. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

That's funny that you two should start talking lint in this artistic subject. A little over a year ago, my very first ever silly auction was lint. NOT bellybutton mind you, but from my dryer. It had the uncanny resemblance to the famous painting the "scream". Was a truly bizarre happening that is now hanging in some art gallery in Arkansas. Geeez! look where that silly lint got me....:cute: