• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My Spree Award

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What she means to say is that she should have the x3 Spree Award, and she did have it, but it was taken away.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I gave up on awards a long time ago. The thread award is screwed up across the board.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I gave up on awards a long time ago. The thread award is screwed up across the board.
That's very disappointing. I wish I knew that before I made the effort. But what is really strange is the fact that I had the award for a few weeks at least, and then it just got taken back. Does that happen often?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The only thing I can think of is that a thread got moved, which could put you under 4 posts for one of the days in your spree. But I don't remember any threads being moved to Sub Talk recently.

dDave

V.I.P.
The only thing I can think of is that a thread got moved, which could put you under 4 posts for one of the days in your spree. But I don't remember any threads being moved to Sub Talk recently.
I'm sure we have thrown some threads into the trash compactor.. I'm not sure if posts are counted in the trash compactor forum.

If you were right at (or near) the 4 post limit for any one of those days then that could have done it (not that any of us agree with that)

I think the spree award needs a really good fixing. If you achieve an award the system shouldn't be able to take it away. It's not nearly as big of a deal for things like total post count or threads started but with the spree it's a long term commitment that's all or nothing. It would be frustrating to lose it.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I averaged 6 posts per day to avoid a situation like this. This would be the only sensible explination, but I don't see that being the case.
------
That's how I see it as well Dave. Even if something happened to threads or posts, it's kind of demoralizing working hard for something, getting it and then having it taken away.

I would like a concrete answer on what happened with my spree.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm sure we have thrown some threads into the trash compactor.. I'm not sure if posts are counted in the trash compactor forum.
Posts are not counted in the trash. But I just looked through the trash and Idi has no posts in there from the last several months. Something getting moved to Sub Talk could be another story, but she did say she made extra posts every day to account for stuff like that.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unfortunately, the spree award coding is very primitive and is recalculated each time the system checks it. It's not ideal, but I couldn't think of a better way to code it when I made it. This means that over the years, if a person cut it very close on a particular day, the system may kick their spree out when recalculating later if threads were moved around or deleted. Once I pay somebody to code it right, it should fix all of the errors retroactively. Right now, I don't know how to fix it on my own.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
My spree award is back, just out of the blue. I am not sure how long it's been back, because I haven't been checking this regularly, but I have the award now. So weird. Can it please just stay put? I'm still too scared to start up another spree. :lol: