My snake is dead now

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Doc, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

My snake is dead now :(

She got out and hid behind the fireplace. I had to smell her roasting for an entire night. Terrible, terrible experience because there was no way to get her out from behind the insert after the fire was rolling.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry to hear that man. I know you were looking for her for a while now. Wish it could have turned out better than this. :(

3. mist3r_j3sus

mist3r_j3sus Registered Member

aww... :( how long have you had the snake for? what kind of snake was it?

4. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

wow, man this sucks. sorry to hear that that happened

5. Doc

It was a ball python that I had for about three years. She was still young, no more than four or five years. I bought her off of a family that wasn't treating her right and didn't want her.

She was my only pet, ever. At least she was the only one that I actually owned myself. My family really doesn't seem to care -- they even started a fire in the fireplace tonight without getting the dead body out. You can even see a trickle of blood coming out of the bottom of the front of the fireplace. I asked my dad if we could get her out and he said: "It won't hurt to leave it there."

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

You couldn't put out the fire and try to save her? :(

7. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Douse that fire!, Get the animal, Kill your dad!(not literally?)

It may be dead but its still there and an animal D:

8. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

That's horrible man. Any idea how she got out?

9. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

10. Doc

She was already long dead (remember, the whole basement stank) before anyone realized that the smell was her behind the fireplace. You could hear hissing for a little while, but we thought that it was steam coming off of the top of the fire place from water going down the chimney.. that happens a lot and the sound is shockingly similar.

My dad, his friend, and myself were drinking a few weeks ago and I got her out to play with her. I was distracted by something and I let my dad hold her. He let her crawl around on the pool table and I ended up going to bed not long after. Both of us had forgotten she was out and she escaped.

The fucked up part of that was my dad and his friend told me they found her outside frozen to death and they were just going to leave her there. I believed them since I was so busy at the time between college and work the only time I had at home was to sleep for a few hours at night.

Well, a few days later I found out they were lying and she was alive. She's gotten out before and usually just turns up in a dark corner or on top of a shelf at night.

Not this time. :sad: