Movies My Sister's Keeper

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Impact, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread about this movie yet. I watched it the other week and found it truly amazing. I'm not one to tear up and get upset over movies, but this one really touched me. I think I may have even shed a tear. I'm also not usually a huge fan of Cameron Diaz but she was okay in this movie. Maybe because it wasn't completely centered around her.

So, if you have seen it what were your thoughts? If you haven't then I suggest you go and watch it. It truly is a great movie imo.

2. Earth

Earth Registered Member

Yeah. It is quite touching, I'm sure it's a novel :)

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'm watching it right now!

Edit: Done. If anyone tells me a film [/almost] makes them cry then I'm intrigued and have to watch it because I've not cried at a film yet. It's not really my kind of movie and it depresses me a little haha but yeah it was good, very touching. :) I thought the beach scene and a few others were really sad. The flashbacks confused me once or twice & I agree with you on Diaz.

Didn't expect the mini-twist of the sister actually asking her to lie so that she could die. I thought that was a nice touch to the plot.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm sure I'll watch it after it comes out on video some time. If you shed a tear over it, I'll probably flood my living room. :|

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I saw this with my daughter when she was in town. We both bawled our eyes out in the theatre. I'm a sucker for sappy movies and I did like this one.

6. crazybeautiful

crazybeautiful New Member

I liked it, but the ending of the book was IMO way better, and would have made the movie far less predictable.

7. Firefly

Firefly New Member

I haven't read the book yet, but I hear it's much better than the movie's ending.
    I quite enjoyed the movie- sort of made me believe in family and love again, you know?

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I want to read the book before I watch the movie. I will probably do that in a few days.

I'm a big crier during movies lol

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

This was a great movie, it made me cry. I heard the book is even better and has a different ending.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

The book is amazing and made me cry SO HARD. I am watching the movie now and I am annoyed by a few things...