• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Help My signature picture got shrunk

erlendalvestad

Registered Member
This may or may not be a voodoo trick.

I uploaded a signature pic, staying well below the 500x150px/112.3 KB limit. The preview in my profile settings looks perfect, but the picture displays as much smaller in my actual signature. :-/

Any thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've have had them do that to and they were within the limits. I don't know what causes it. I tried several avatars until I found one that didn't do it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry I'm talking about avatars. I noticed yours doesn't fill up the area around it in your thread. A few I tried did that and I don't know why. My internet is so slow I have everyone's signatures turned off to help speed things up.

erlendalvestad

Registered Member
Sorry I'm talking about avatars. I noticed yours doesn't fill up the area around it in your thread. A few I tried did that and I don't know why. My internet is so slow I have everyone's signatures turned off to help speed things up.
That's okay. I hadn't noticed that before, so thanks for pointing it out :)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I may of figured it out. It takes a square picture to fill it out. I right clicked on the avatar and went to image info and my avatar is square and yours isn't. Maybe that's it, maybe next time I find one I like I can re-size it.

Impact

V.I.P.
I believe that the guidelines for the size of signatures were put in place before we received the upgrade to GF which changed the size that we could have avatars and signatures. The guidelines for size are probably still the old ones is all.

shelgarr

Registered Member
It might help a little to center it. The allowable space though is probably causing the size change.