My Press Release

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Dragon, May 19, 2005.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Since I won't be selling on Ebay for awhile, I wanted my temporary last auction to get some publicity so I wrote a press release. I also wanted this site to get publicity too.

Cleveland Ohio- A 23 year old man from Cleveland Ohio is offering a lifetime advertising on his Homer Simpson slippers to the highest bidder on Ebay. The seller of the auction, 23 year old Nang Duong says the advertisement will be on the forehead of his Homer Simpson slippers. He got the idea from Andrew Fischer, the man who sold his forehead for $37,375.00 on Ebay. “Since my slippers had a forehead, I thought it would be cool to offer the space for advertising, Duong said. The slipper is the face of Homer Simpson. The slippers also has a mouth where the feet is inserted. The 23 year old says he will wear the slippers wherever he goes. “I know that a lot of people will be staring at the slippers and they will see the advertisement,” Duong says.

The 23 year old says that he is doing this to help pay for his medical bills. Back in November 2004, he experienced severe chest pain one night. He went to the doctor to get checked out and it was discovered that he had a heart murmur. He was referred to a cardiologist and was discovered that he had a hole in his heart and a valve which both needed to be fixed. The only solution was surgery. In January, Duong had a heart catheterization done. Duong had the surgery on March 11th at the Cleveland Clinic and has wore the slippers during his stay in the hospital. “I told my mom to bring my Homer Simpson slippers to the hospital. When I walked down the hallway with it, the slippers got a lot of attention from the nurses and doctors,” Duong said. The Lifetime Forehead Advertising auction on Ebay ends on May 26. View the auction by typing in Ebay keyword Lifetime Forehead Advertising. Duong’s slippers are also featured on AuctionSightings.com.

2. trees

trees Registered Member

Nice! I have treid and tried to write a good press release and cannot do it to save my life!
    Great Job!

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Good work Dragon. I'd guess that you read a lot by the looks of your writing?

A suggestion to anybody wanting to write interesting and intriguing press releases.

READ LOTS OF BOOKS! :) I attribute my writing styles to the books I read. It really does help.

4. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Very nice press release, although I'm sorry to read about your heart condition :( . I will be watching this one & I hope it does very well for you.

5. Dragon

Reading? What's that? lol. I mostly read the news online and don't read books that much. I have a family friend that says that I have a talent for writing. I like to write poetry and stuff and thought about writing my own sitcom but doubt that it will ever get produced. I checked my email this morning and the press release did get approved. The release is tomorrow.

6. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

WOW that IS good! I hope you get some publicity for your auction!

7. Dragon

I'm not sure if I will get a huge publicity over it but I am sure hoping for it. I think it might get attention somewhere since I wrote about what I've been through and why I'm doing it. So I can only cross my fingers. Here is the Prweb stats so far: 2,041 people read my article and 36 media outlet picked up the story. Only 4 days left until the auction ends. Submit the press release to your local news station!