My power just went out...

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
My power just went out but luckily I have a battery backup on my PC. Up to 30 minutes or so of use even with no power.

Main reason I have this battery backup is so I don't lose work when power flickers.

It's such a good feeling to suddenly stop hearing music, be kicked offline for a minute or so, have to reset my alarm clock, wait for the router to reboot BUT my PC is 100% good to go with no interruptions. ;)

The only thing plugged into my battery backup is my PC. Everything else is secondary and just goes through a surge protector I have.

If you don't have a battery backup I recommend getting one. They are so convenient.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it gives me time to save what I'm doing and shut down my PC safely.

I can't say the same for my spare PC which I just noticed died a few minutes ago. :(

Blueyes

Registered Member
You know maybe I need to get a better UPS because mine is supposed to keep up for 10 minutes when the power goes out so I can do the same thing but the fricken thing cuts out, then comes back on so I still lose the stuff but at least nothing blows anymore with it on.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I've always thought about getting a backup battery but I decided that a really good surge protector is just fine and it is.

I don't do anything important enough that I must save what i was doing because usually i"m just visiting here and posting. though it's still a bummer for your computer to turn off the wrong way. :(