My power just went out...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mirage, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

My power just went out but luckily I have a battery backup on my PC. Up to 30 minutes or so of use even with no power.

Main reason I have this battery backup is so I don't lose work when power flickers.

It's such a good feeling to suddenly stop hearing music, be kicked offline for a minute or so, have to reset my alarm clock, wait for the router to reboot BUT my PC is 100% good to go with no interruptions. ;)

The only thing plugged into my battery backup is my PC. Everything else is secondary and just goes through a surge protector I have.

If you don't have a battery backup I recommend getting one. They are so convenient.

2. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

What happens if the power cut lasts for two hours!!?

3. Mirage

Well it gives me time to save what I'm doing and shut down my PC safely.

I can't say the same for my spare PC which I just noticed died a few minutes ago. :(

4. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Do you have power again yet? If not, do you think we could get your outage to last over 24 hours? No particular reason, I'm just saying....

Jakey-D and dDave like this.
  5. Mirage

I will see what I can do... :D

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

You know maybe I need to get a better UPS because mine is supposed to keep up for 10 minutes when the power goes out so I can do the same thing but the fricken thing cuts out, then comes back on so I still lose the stuff but at least nothing blows anymore with it on.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I've always thought about getting a backup battery but I decided that a really good surge protector is just fine and it is.

I don't do anything important enough that I must save what i was doing because usually i"m just visiting here and posting. though it's still a bummer for your computer to turn off the wrong way. :(