• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My Pixar Collection

Taliesin

Registered Member
Fantastic collection you have there, Soph. Those prints are to die for, especially that Toy Story one.

I think my faves so far would have to be Wall-E, The Incredibles, and Up... although I'm hoping that Brave will end up first on that list because I love the fantasy genre of storytelling. It's going to be absolutely fascinating to see Pixar's take on that.

CGI is not my favourite method of animation, but I do have an enormous amount of respect for Pixar because they have elevated it to an artform. In their own way, I think these guys are every bit as important to the animation medium as Studio Ghibli and Aardman. And between the three of these, they are showing just how wonderful and diverse the artform can be!

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I got that Toy Story print framed, and it's now handing up on my wall. It's even prettier when it's in a nice frame. I wish I could collect more of them.

I pretty much love all Pixar films, but WALL-E and Finding Nemo will always have special places for me. And Toy Story 3 was pretty amazing. The only ones I don't really love are Cars.

I've always loved CGI. As much as I love traditional hand-drawn and claymation, when it comes to animation I just love all of them. It's so hard to pick a favourite. But Pixar are definitely best in their field of computer animation.

I'm both excited and nervous about Brave. I always get nervous before a new Pixar film comes out. I worry that I won't like it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The art books and the Buzz Lightyear cost the most. Overall though it isn't a very expensive collection so far. The Buzz cost me about $70 - $80 and each of the books were about $60 on Amazon. The print was surprisingly cheap. It is just a copy after all.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Jealous as, I've got all the movies but don't have the books. I had a Jessie doll a few years back though.

Cube

Registered Member
That is still quite expensive I suppose. But then again I am 16 so I probably don't really understand what expensive is. Lol.

Though then again I know that my camera IS expensive. Canon EOS 550D which here is about £550 on average.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I love Pixar! Pixar stuff is definitely worth collecting and that is a wonderful collection. I especially love the Toy Story storyboard art and the Incredibles coffee table book. The Incredibles is one of my favourite movies of all time :)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Thanks EA! I'm hoping to improve my collection this year. There are some more art books to get and I want to eventually have each film they have done on blu-ray.

dDave

V.I.P.
Thanks EA! I'm hoping to improve my collection this year. There are some more art books to get and I want to eventually have each film they have done on blu-ray.
Ah Blu Ray is amazing.

The first Pixar flick I got on Blu Ray was Wall-E. I didn't find the movie itself to be all that impressive but I did find the picture to be amazing. Since then I have accumulated all 3 Toy Story movies on Blu Ray. That was a great investment.

On the subject of collecting Pixar related paraphernalia I've thought about getting an original Buzz Lightyear. Too bad they're so expensive.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Great collection. Ratatouille & WALL-E are my two favorties. I feel like I need to start collecting something, maybe zombie stuff. Haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 7
Crouton Movies & TV 6
Crouton Movies & TV 13
Crouton Movies & TV 11
Crouton Movies & TV 7