• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies My Newest Trailer - Avatar Special Edition (1080p HD)

Hiei

The Hierophant
That was pretty good. Looked like it was a professional trailer to me. Though, I did notice the same audio cutting off thing that the guy on the other forum was talking about in BR's post. Aside from that, I thought it was really well done and would be a great part of a portfolio.

One thing confuses me, though. Why are they re-releasing this movie. It's already out on DVD, couldn't they just add whatever they're adding to the movie to the special features of a DVD and re-release that? Or are they really this money hungry?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That was brilliant Brix. Wow. I am amazed at your talent with this stuff. Thanks for sharing with us!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
One thing confuses me, though. Why are they re-releasing this movie. It's already out on DVD, couldn't they just add whatever they're adding to the movie to the special features of a DVD and re-release that? Or are they really this money hungry?
They could... but then they wouldn't be able to do that AND rerelease it in the theaters for extra cash. :lol: But to be fair, it's also the 3D element that people are paying for. They can't get that at home at all right now.

I won't be seeing it again in the theaters though. I already own it on Blu-Ray. I can't justify paying half the price of my Blu-Ray version (again, that I already own and can watch for free now) to see it with 9 extra minutes. Granted, the 3D part of it makes it almost worth it for me but not quite.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
That is one sick commercial Brix. I WOULD say its better than the professional ones. excellent work. You deserve a job now.

And I'm thinking about seeing The Special Edition in IMAX. its cheaper than going to my local theater actually. It'd be sick.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is one sick commercial Brix. I WOULD say its better than the professional ones. excellent work. You deserve a job now.

And I'm thinking about seeing The Special Edition in IMAX. its cheaper than going to my local theater actually. It'd be sick.
I'm working on it. I actually came close/might still be close to getting a gig doing a professional trailer that will be seen in movie theaters but I'm running into a small snag. The director wants to see work of mine for movies that don't already have trailers. The only problem is that everybody wants to see that, and until one decides to let me tackle their project I won't be able to work on a movie that doesn't already have a trailer. It's a bit of a catch 22 but I think I might still have some cards to play. I have my fingers crossed.