Movies My Newest Trailer - Avatar Special Edition (1080p HD)

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright, I've been working on this for over a week now and have literally tweaked it down to the minute detail. I even canceled the YouTube upload at 98% earlier today so I could make a few more changes that I felt were necessary. After countless revisions and "final versions", it's finally completely done and ready to put online.

This is a full length legitimate trailer for "Avatar Special Edition", which comes out in theaters tomorrow. It's not a joke/spoof trailer like the others I've made, but instead it's meant to look and feel as official as possible. I'm going to use it as a portfolio piece to try to get work doing real movie trailers.

It's in full 1080p HD, so make sure you click through to YouTube and select that option before watching. Click full screen, turn up your sound, and enjoy!

YouTube - Avatar Special Edition Trailer - Full Length 1080p Version (By NURV.com)

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was wonderful Hybrix, definitely your best work thus far. Hopefully this will help you get work.

I've posted the trailer on two popular forums that I post on, so you can get more views.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I agree. It's easily your most professional and best polished work.

I might actually watch Avatar now.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
It's really glitchy video-wise if i try to watch it 1080p. the sound is fine though. I think it's may just be my computer. but nice job nonetheless.

it does seem a bit long though? I felt like I got too much of the story from that than usual trailers. Usually it's only more a teaser while yours give me quite a bit of story/background. I dunno if that's supposed to be the case.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's really glitchy video-wise if i try to watch it 1080p. the sound is fine though. I think it's may just be my computer. but nice job nonetheless.

it does seem a bit long though? I felt like I got too much of the story from that than usual trailers. Usually it's only more a teaser while yours give me quite a bit of story/background. I dunno if that's supposed to be the case.
I considered making it a bit shorter but the actual trailer part of the video is actually about 20 to 25 seconds shorter than the real trailer, which actually gives away a lot more of the storyline.

As for being glitch in 1080p, that's gotta be your system or video card perhaps? It's a huge image being displayed. You could always try 720p and see if it runs smoother.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
oh yeah it worked fine once I got out of the 1080p.

maybe it's because I've seen the movie already that makes it seem like it's showing a lot of story.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's some feedback I got from another forum...

Pretty dope.

There are some parts where the audio seems a little choppy like in the very beginning where there is an abrupt end after Stephen Lang says, "Wants to kill you". It doesn't cut off any of his words, but you can tell it's abrupt.

But I guess all that would require is a few touch ups here and there, nothing too major.

And sometimes the audio isn't synched up with the person speaking. It seems like mainly audio/technical issues.

In terms of the way the trailer is set up and presented, it's pretty good. Seems like a real Hollywood trailer. Presents the story pretty well through the dialogue, establishes who the characters are and where they stand in terms of good guy/bad guy. Touches on motivation and what might be driving each character.

I guess since it's just for a portfolio, trailer length might not be an issue, but maybe he might want to do a shorter version just to show that he can.

That's awesome though, if your friend gets a job doing trailers. Good for him. Hope it goes well.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
People on YouTube don't really get it. They are complaining that I didn't make another trailer that was "funny". Well, Hollywood isn't looking to hire people who make funny trailers. They want people who can make the real deal too. :lol:

And Babe, those audio issues are in maybe two spots, but it's due to the fact that there was sound in the background of those parts of the movie that wasn't possibly to entirely remove. When they make real trailers they don't have to worry about sound effects that go over the audio because they have access to the original separate audio files.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
Great work Hybrix! The trailer engaged my interest to the point where I feel compelled to watch Avatar in 3D. I hope you get some work from this.............you deserve it.

Last edited:

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Yeah definitely your most well done trailer so far.

I'd even go so far as to say that it's better than the real avatar trailer.