• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My newest headphones

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have a bit of an obsession with headphones, headsets, earphones etc. I have way too many and I'm always buying more.

These are the latest to enter my collection. I bought them yesterday for $40. They actually have pretty decent sound on them.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm the complete opposite to you Kay, I can NEVER keep those inner-ear ones in, they fall out so much. Yet ipod ones stay in fine for me. I use ipod ones when I'm working out at the gym etc, but I'm fine wearing those Star Wars ones I just bought anywhere else/out in public. I could wear them all day actually and just sit them around my neck when I'm not listening to them.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I have to get better ones for jogging--my iPod ones pull out constantly. I wrap them over my ears. lol. I have a set of Sony earmuff-styles for my online shooter Crossfire (helps in Ghost mode), but they press my ears too tight after about 20 minutes and are thoroughly uncomfortable. A decent set of gaming headphones would be nice.
------
Somewhere, my folks used to have vinyl record stereo headphones. They weighed about 5 freaking pounds, but it didn't matter because you laid down with them anyway as they wrapped on the outside of your ears. They were like these almost:

:lol:

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Sorry I can't really help you with the jogging headphones. I use my ipod ones for working out and they work fine for me/never fall out so I've never really looked into more exercise ones.

I can help you with gaming though. Do you want them for PC or Console? Either way when it comes to gaming there are basically two brands you can't go past. Turtle Beach and Plantronics. Both have their positives and both are good brands.

I own this pair for my PS3.

Turtle Beach PX5. AMAZING! So comfortable and 7.1 Dolby surround sound. 7 speakers in each side for full 360 degree sound, so good.

If you are looking for something for PC then maybe try the Plantronics 777. This company uses tech from NASA and is crazy comfy for long gaming sessions and also has great sound.

Also your photo didn't work for me.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
No worries. I don't actually own that pair myself but I am considering buying them now that I play more PC games. The retail at about $100 here. I've heard good things, although there have been SOME reports of them snapping in half after a while. I'm still not sure how common that is.