• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My new shiny laptop!

dDave

V.I.P.
I just went and picked it up today, I got it from an ad off of craigslist.

Here's what I got just today.

I always told myself that I would never get one of these, but when you find a deal that you can't pass up, you have to go for it, especially when you're in the market.

ASUS G73jh Gaming Laptop.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
intel Core i7 720QM (4 core hyperthreaded to 8)
6GB DDR3 RAM
1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870, 1G GDDR5 VRAM
)
500 GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM, can support up to 2 drives)
17.3" HD 1080p screen
DVD-RW drive (upgradeable to BD Drive)

And on top of all of that the case is designed to be after the Air Forces stealth fighter jets. It has a backlit keyboard, the keyboard is exceptionally comfortable as well. The speakers sound incredible, I really can't believe they're on a laptop. (I'll still use headphones though.) It also has a 2 year warranty with it.

After all was said and done, taxes and everything with a case it was exactly $1000.

I'm going to use this a lot for writing my book, and heavy gaming (when I can find the time) when I'm not at home. I'll probably still use my other computer for gaming most of the time. I just wanted a really nice laptop and that's exactly what I got, it's going to last me a long time.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

I think I'm right in saying that this was an incredibly good deal.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Very cool! I like it [though it's too boyish]
Enjoy it!

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Nice! I still stick with Lenova laptops though, those are virtually flawless. Great specs though...congratulations. Enjoy!