My New(Ish) Car

Discussion in 'Autos' started by Scissorhands, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Registered Member

So I got a new car the other day. I saved up about a grand for a down payment and decided to go looking for one off a tote the note lot so that I wouldn't get denied for my bad credit. Well I looked all day and everyone kept saying they couldn't finance me because I don't have an -actual- job. I was like "WTF Mate?" So I kept looking and I found this car (Tis a Ford, put the bash-hammers away please) and I test drove it and fell in loveeee.

[​IMG]

It's an 04 Ford Focus. Only had some 97k miles on it and it was clean as hell! It handles so well and it has ----a little---- get up and go. Not a bunch, but it's better than the Galant I used to drive or even my dad's old Stratus R/T. It was about 7900 after financing fees and I had to drive all the way home and bring them my pay-check stubs for them to accept financing it to me.

Anyways, I'm een love!

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Dude, a Focus? Nice. You can put a Turbocharged stroker Coswarth and put 500 horse in that car. But if you don't, good luck. And a Focus would be the only Ford I would ever buy. Easily one of the best budget cars out their.

3. Scissorhands

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention it is the ZX3. Everyone says SXT is the way I should have gone, but fuck them. I like my car.

And I wish I could afford to up it to 500hp!

4. MAgnum9987

Yeah. That'd be pretty sick. But minus the turbo, you are looking 280-300 depending on the parts you use.

I fucking love cosworth. Greatest thing ford has ever done. Not too expensive either (at least compared to other things you could do to make a vehicle go like stink).

5. Scissorhands

Cosworth? Do explain...

6. MAgnum9987

Cosworth is most famous for making a highly modified Ford Sierra in the early 90s. The Sierra RS. It is most famous for a GIANT spoiler often called the Whale Tail. But its greatest feature was a turbocharged 2.3L Inline 4, which put out 260HP. And, it turned beautifully. It was a Porsche eater. Their making a new one now.
    Anyways, Cosworth is now most well known for being a quality builder of oftermarket parts. You could take a Nissan, Mitsubishi, Ford, or Mazda engine, and using Cosworth parts, double their power and performance. And then you could use other parts and get even more power. Which is what I would do.

7. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Good for you! I can relate to the feeling of having a 'newish car'. It is amazing!

8. Anne

Anne New Member

Amazing car you got there. Is there something else comparable to that? In any case, I think when you have something you "fell in love with," then nothing can replace that. Unless it's an additional car. :D