My New(Ish) Car

Scissorhands

Registered Member
So I got a new car the other day. I saved up about a grand for a down payment and decided to go looking for one off a tote the note lot so that I wouldn't get denied for my bad credit. Well I looked all day and everyone kept saying they couldn't finance me because I don't have an -actual- job. I was like "WTF Mate?" So I kept looking and I found this car (Tis a Ford, put the bash-hammers away please) and I test drove it and fell in loveeee.

It's an 04 Ford Focus. Only had some 97k miles on it and it was clean as hell! It handles so well and it has ----a little---- get up and go. Not a bunch, but it's better than the Galant I used to drive or even my dad's old Stratus R/T. It was about 7900 after financing fees and I had to drive all the way home and bring them my pay-check stubs for them to accept financing it to me.

Anyways, I'm een love!

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Dude, a Focus? Nice. You can put a Turbocharged stroker Coswarth and put 500 horse in that car. But if you don't, good luck. And a Focus would be the only Ford I would ever buy. Easily one of the best budget cars out their.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention it is the ZX3. Everyone says SXT is the way I should have gone, but fuck them. I like my car.

And I wish I could afford to up it to 500hp!

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Yeah. That'd be pretty sick. But minus the turbo, you are looking 280-300 depending on the parts you use.

I fucking love cosworth. Greatest thing ford has ever done. Not too expensive either (at least compared to other things you could do to make a vehicle go like stink).

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Cosworth is most famous for making a highly modified Ford Sierra in the early 90s. The Sierra RS. It is most famous for a GIANT spoiler often called the Whale Tail. But its greatest feature was a turbocharged 2.3L Inline 4, which put out 260HP. And, it turned beautifully. It was a Porsche eater. Their making a new one now.
Anyways, Cosworth is now most well known for being a quality builder of oftermarket parts. You could take a Nissan, Mitsubishi, Ford, or Mazda engine, and using Cosworth parts, double their power and performance. And then you could use other parts and get even more power. Which is what I would do.

Anne

Amazing car you got there. Is there something else comparable to that? In any case, I think when you have something you "fell in love with," then nothing can replace that. Unless it's an additional car. :D