My new creation

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by pro2A, May 26, 2010.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

My wife got some chicken breasts out to cook for dinner last night. She had marinated them in a garlic lemon sauce. I had no idea how I was going to cook them tho. So I got creative.

I took a bag of brown rice and poured it into a baking pan. Then I added a cup and a 1/2 of water and put the chicken breasts in the middle of the pan on top of the rice after marinating them.

Lastly I poured a condensed can of cream of mushroom soup over the chicken and into the rice. I covered it with foil and cooked it in the oven at 425F for 45 minutes. I added a steamed fresh vegetable as a side.

Presto... instant tasty dinner :)

Last edited: May 26, 2010

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Sounds quite a tasty dish Pro! You'll have to remember that one for the future.

3. mmadd007

mmadd007 New Member

Thanks for the post ^^ hope we get more from you ^_^

4. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Hmmmmm..... looks like it would be a delicious meal. Thanks for the post. Yeah....I just might try this. Hmmmmm............interesting!

5. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

Was the Garlic/Lemon flavor still evident? Seems like the Cream of Shroom would kill the original flavor. Sounds tasty fosho. I do the same thing with chicken only with stuffing and Cream of Chicken soup.

I like the rice idea. Nom nom nom......

6. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

That sounds neat! I don't like mushrooms, but that can be substituted.

I am just not the kind of person that can just throw shit together and make a meal. Haha. It must be planned. I envy those that can grab random crap in the kitchen and make something!