• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My Neighbor Totoro

Vegito728

Registered Member
So who here has seen this movie? I saw it on cartoon network last night. I thought it was pretty good different from Miyazaki's other films which I liked. It seemed like it was for littler kids but I still liked it. :D

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I t was actually on CN? man, I should've watched it. I saw it a looong time ago when i was like 5. and I still love it

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya I was surprised to but it was.

L

lilbballfrk

omg, i loved this movie! aw.. i cant believe i missed it.. v.v this movie is great! i would watch it so many times and never got bored when i was little (i used to have the tape.) this one is probably the best Miyazaki film in my book. A++++

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I still have my tape ^_^ but the quality is so horrible compared to now.

L

lilbballfrk

they should really remake it. make it cleaner and in dvd; just like the new bambi movie :-*

A

A.M. Radio

lilbballfrk â„¢ said:
they should really remake it. make it cleaner and in dvd; just like the new bambi movie :-*
They are. The remade version was the one on Cartoon Network.

This is sort of a personal thing for me. As you know, I love my Troma films and I consider Lloyd Kaufman to be, well, he's my hero. Here is something you do not know about Troma films and My Neighbor Totoro.

Troma films had the original American Distribution rights. They are the ones who dubbed it and got it ready for market. Then Fox saw the movie and bought the Distribution from Troma. Still, the Troma logo remained on the film. Because the Troma logo was on the film, it was for a while refused at some video stores, including Blockbuster.

Now, Disney has the rights. Since it's DVD, it's better quality wide screen. However, the Dub was horrible. The Troma dub was magnificent. The original dub was done with care and percision, but that's not what Disney cares about. No, it's about getting name voices like Dakota Fanning even if they don't really fit properly.

Even though I do want a widescreen copy of the movie, I will not buy Disney's release of this film (or any Miyazaki film) for their continued horrible treatment of the films.

A

Angel03

I know my blockbuster has it, so sometime I will have to rent it because I have never seen it but it looks cute. I missed it on CN too, that stinks. Awhile ago, Spirited Away was on CN and I didn't miss that, but I didn't get to watch it all because I was playing a game with my siblings because it was my youngest sisters birthday, oh well, I own that one on dvd. I may even be tempted to buy My Neighbor Totoro.

L

lilbballfrk

you should probably buy it then! ;D its a great movie and i dont think youll ever get sick of it. its a classic!! =D

A

Angel03

I think I will. I have loved watching all of these different movies by Hayao Miyazaki. They are all amazing even one's with a childish elements.