• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My local bands

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I know some of you guys really like Seether, so I am curious to get your opinion of what is arguably considered the next big thing coming out of South Africa on the music scene.

These two bands are the biggest/best known/most talented at the moment. We have some other bands that I think is awesome as well, but these two are at my top at the moment.

Parlotones

YouTube - Parlotones Push Me To The Floor

Zebra & Giraffe

YouTube - Zebra & Giraffe - 'The Knife'

What are your thoughts on these?

Impact

V.I.P.
Thanks for sharing Idz, it's always nice to hear music from other countries that I wouldn't necessarily hear otherwise.

The first song kinda reminds me a little of Biffy Clyro.

Definitely liking that second song. Zebra and Giraffe is an epic name too.

And the last music I heard out of SA was dreadful...i'll post it if I can find it..

EDIT: Yep here it is. Awful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegdR0GiJl4

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I can't open that video Lauren. Who/what is it?

Also, I'm good friends with the guys from Zebra & Giraffe. And no, I am not a groupie. I don't go to a lot of their shows, I just know them in a personal capacity. I love hanging out with them for obvious reasons. I'm glad you like them. I really want them to break through on the international scene.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, well I think they're amazing. I hope they make it, especially as they're friends of yours.

Oh, the link I posted was Die Antwoord - Enter The Ninja. I'm just glad you posted some good SA music to balance out that crap.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Yeah, well I think they're amazing. I hope they make it, especially as they're friends of yours.

Oh, the link I posted was Die Antwoord - Enter The Ninja. I'm just glad you posted some good SA music to balance out that crap.
Hahahaha. I shit you not, I was just about to make a thread for Die Antwoord specifically to ask peoples opinion on that as well. I never even knew or heard about them until suddenly one day they were an overnight success story. They are so crass and vile, but come on Imp, that guy can rap!?

Impact

V.I.P.
Hahahaha. I shit you not, I was just about to make a thread for Die Antwoord specifically to ask peoples opinion on that as well. I never even knew or heard about them until suddenly one day they were an overnight success story. They are so crass and vile, but come on Imp, that guy can rap!?
Yes, I guess he can...but...I just...no. I cannot enjoy the music. And the girl in that is fucked up too. She looks so young, and her voice is so weird, but wow.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
isnt Seether originated from Petoria, South Africa?

I know they are a flat out amazing band, one of my all time favorites.

I wasnt able to listen to the others, but only because I dont want to draw to much attention to myself at work right now... I'm supposed to be busy :hah:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Yes, I guess he can...but...I just...no. I cannot enjoy the music. And the girl in that is fucked up too. She looks so young, and her voice is so weird, but wow.
:lol: I hear you. listen to this video though with the interview in the beginning. You may or may not have heard me and pond joke about "my PC computer". They are such idiots and really not representative of all SAfricans, please people.

YouTube - Die Antwoord - Zef Side.

isnt Seether originated from Petoria, South Africa?
Yep. I need to go to their shows all the time back when they were still Sarin Gas.

Listen to these two when you get home and tell me what you think, ok?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Doc School 2
dDave Technology 5
dDave Breaking News 7
Duke1985 Music 4
A Music 19