• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV My Little Pony (FiM) and 4Chan

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
So is anyone here a bronie, aka a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? If you use 4Chan a lot, or various other internet boards then this thread will make sense to you, if not then watching a My Little Pony cartoon may sound pretty strange.

I've been reading about bronies online for ages and have obviously seen heaps of memes, fan art, fan videos, even read about whole cons for this show so I finally decided to check it out. I watched the first two episodes today and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I know a lot of it's fandom comes from it being a whole 4chan phenomenon thing, but it's a pretty entertaining cartoon.

Any thoughts on the show? bronies? 4chan's involvement? etc

EDIT: I noticed below that there is already a thread for this show, I didn't see it before. Mods feel free to merge the two.

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Actually, quite a number of 4chan's more vocal users hate the show, and bronies. There was a period of time when mods were banning anons for posing FiM related images. Even now, there are anons who harass other anons for posting FiM related images, even if the image in question fits the thread. Though this may be due to the fact that the Bronies now have their own section of 4chan, /mlp/, with the rule that all FiM content is meant to go there.

Myself, I'm not interested, either in the drama or the show. On the drama side, anons getting worked up over it results in shit threads and derailed threads, even if the OP posted a pony image out of innocence. On the show side, it's a show aimed at young girls; it's not aimed at my demographic.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I did see all that about 4chan getting sick of it. I saw a bunch of the MLP's pics saying "Mods are asleep, post ponies" etc when they were getting banned for talking about it.

It's actually not the first time a show aimed at kids, or even a specific target like 'young girls' has earned a more adult fan base. Spongebob Sqaurepants, Phineas and Ferb, The Powerpuff Girls, Avatar: The Last Airbender etc, they are all examples of shows aimed at young kids that ended up with a large adult following.