3ds My impressions Mario Kart DS

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Ive gotten to spend several days with this game, and I feel like a gamer again. Ive played the game both online and single player. Havent even touched batte mode yet!!

Single Player Mode:

32 tracks of awsomeness. 16 New tracks and 16 classics. Nitro cup holds the new tracks and of course the others are calles Retro, and once again there are only 4 races per cup, 4 cups per class. The newer tracks are instant classics. some with short cuts, others with classic elements added to thm to make them great. example: Desert Hills has the Sun enemy from SMB3, which thrown fireballs on the tracks, Piranah plants in another stage... single player alone makes this game worth purchasing.

of the 32 tracks only 16 of them are online, and you are only to have 4 racers while playing online. You can race friends useing friend codes, set regional matchs, or worldwide... and theres a Rivals, which I seem to have had the best races on... last one I played we started with 4 racers, one lost connection, but in the final tally, we all ended up tied!

of course there is a battle mode, and you can play it one player, useing bots... and the obligitory time trial mode.

Besides online play, the other new addition to Mario Kart DS is Mission Mode. Kinda set up in classic Super Mario Bros fasion, there are 8 levels set up in the 1-1 1-2 ect fasion. with a boss battle after the 8th stage in the level. Ive only played level 1, and the boss was Big Bully from super mario 64... you had to push him off the stage useing your kart and shrooms... the stages are kinds fun to. Haveing to collect coins, or drive through tires in order, one even has you use a star to kill cheap-cheaps in a set ammount of time.

I love this game. It plays great and I am haveing a absolute blast playing single player, or online. and getting online is a piece of cake if you are set up for wifi or even free hotspots

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
I have to agree this game rocks! Even though you cheated to beat me four times(Im just in denile ;))

I actually experienced some major lag problems yeterday, it was flipping nuts. After playing this game, I am now in anticipation for Mario Kart for the Rev. If its anything as good as this plus a whole new slew of classics *SNES BOO level ;)* greater online play, ect, ect, it will pwn.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I experianced that this morning... sat there for 5 minutes waiting fot the 3-2-1 coutdown and nothing happened... had to power off to get out of the game.

I didnt cheat... I just got damn lucky... a red shell followed by a blue one in one race, and 2 sets of 3 mushrooms back to back in another to catch up lol

hey, remember I let you win when I played peach lmdao

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
SamusAran86 said:
I didnt cheat... I just got damn lucky... a red shell followed by a blue one in one race, and 2 sets of 3 mushrooms back to back in another to catch up lol

hey, remember I let you win when I played peach lmdao
Hey......I know you didnt cheat...and I dont care if you let me win, A WIN IS A WIN DANGIT!:D But in actuality, I let you win...:rolleyes: