• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My husband has passed away.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think most of you know my husband had cancer and has been sick for a couple of years now. I brought him home from the hospital right before Thanksgiving and put him in Hospice care because the doctors could no longer do anything for him. Which coming home to die was what he wanted, he hated hospitals. Well he passed away Wednesday and we buried him today.

We were married for 44 years. Met right out of high school. Never lived by myself before so this is going to be a new experience for me.

I know you will not know what to say. Its hard to know what to say to someone that has lost someone close to them. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm really miserable so I need that.

Impaired

Registered Member
So sorry to hear. Cancer is cruel. Al you can do is keep him alive in your heart and the hearts of those who loved him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My condolences Hilander. 44 years is a long time. Try to stay positive and think of the great times you had together.

danwiz

Registered Member
I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. My partner and I have been together for only 17 years and only married for 3 years, but we have talked several times to each other about how it would be very difficult for either of us to go on without the other. If you feel that you need counseling please do not be ashamed to get it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The pastor that I had for his funeral is also the chief of police. Before the funeral when talking about things my husband did I told him you probably don't want to hear this but we were drag racing fools in our younger years. Come to fine out he did a little of that too. We talked about all the hot places for drag racing back in the day.

Its still rough being alone but today was better than yesterday, still crying but not as much, and I have my son. I've been spending a lot of time with him. I don't know what I would do without him. I see his dad in him.

The hospice people said sometimes it makes it easier for them to die if they know you love them, forgive them and will be alright without them. I told him all those things and more. He died peacefully, about one minute after the hospice nurse arrived last Wednesday morning. I was so thankful she was there.

It helps talking to you guys too. Thank you all.

dDave

V.I.P.
So sorry to hear about this. And right before Christmas.

Congratulations on 44 years! Sad it had to end this way. Being recently married myself, I can’t imagine the pain you’re going through.

Hopefully there’s a good community around you in real life but I know there are good people here on the forum to talk to as well.

You will be in my prayers.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So sorry for your loss, Hilander. I know it’s been a long journey and that you took incredible care of him.