• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My gunz

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
These are a few ideas I had, do not expect drawings, though, I suck.

My main design is a antitank round.
254mm, 10 inch shaped charge. (for you who don't know, a shaped charge is an explosive with a cavity in it to direct the energy inwards, giving a greater amount of power. the optimum is 60 degrees, and the larger diameter, the more power.) The charge is filled completely thermite derived of aluminum powder and tungsten ( i picked tungsten for its high melting point, giving it the ability to go through armor better.). Normally, for shaped charges, the cavity is LINED with a single sheet of metal, often copper or magnesium. I chose to fill the whole cavity with thermite, is to get the thermite to react and burn through advanced armour.

Mre to come soon

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I suck at drawing! Even with microsoft drawing

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Do you expect I've built these things? MIlitary grade high explosives arn't legal for the likes of me....

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Ok I have to ask...What is the point of this?

Are they guns you would like to have for real or guns for a game?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Real gunz. The design is pretty practical, and I told a weaponologist dude I know my idea, and he went, why didn't I think of that

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
If you didnt already know it..... I to am also a firearms hobbyist, so I'll do the honor of explaining what the F he's talking about:

254mm Anti Tank round.

Basically its not even a gun, he's talking about building an explosive "shell" for the sake of launching it at a 60 degree angle thus lobbing it at a target. More commonly known as a form of Artillery round.

Heres a breakdown of a smaller existing version:

also here's sorta what he meant by "fired at 60 degrees"

Hiei

The Hierophant
Ice, you beat me to it.

Also, if OP is going to talk about making a gun, it should at least talk about a gun. Not just a round.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Exactly, I mean anyone with a deviant imagination can make an explosive round.... it takes real genius to come up with a new way to get Projectile from point A to point B in an effective fashion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MAgnum9987 General Discussion 2
X Video Games 0
Fresh NBA 17
S Video Games 6