• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My grandpa's WWII uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy

Registered Member
This is me pictured wearing my Grandpa's uniform along with the rest of it picture and the crush cap. My grandma was having a garage sale and she knows i'm a HUGE WWII Buff.

It's not all chewed up from moths..they're all in excellent condition. it had been in this cover zipped up for over 55+ years since my grandparents had been married and not opened until it was given to me..but my grandpa had been deceased for quite some time. Pretty amazing stuff. He served in the Aleution Islands at Adak in Alaska.

Most WWII apparel that's original is typically in bad shape but this stuff is not as you can see..it's priceless basically.

BigBob

Registered Member
nice heritage u have there.
You can sell a good price to musium. Lol
Seeing as some people have more respect for their grandparents things, I highly doubt he's going to sell it.

It's a great find though man, especially how "clean" it is. Definitely a rare find, even if it was just in your paps closet.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
That's a awesome find and I wouldn't be giving it away if I had something like that. My dad still has all my grandads photos, diary entries and medals that he had during and after the war.

LightNg

Seeing as some people have more respect for their grandparents things, I highly doubt he's going to sell it.

It's a great find though man, especially how "clean" it is. Definitely a rare find, even if it was just in your paps closet.
Yes, I myself also wouldn't sell it. It was just a suggestion

Timmy

Registered Member
Hellll Noooo....it technically belongs to my uncle..but my uncle is letting me keep it cause he knows his daughters are two ungrateful pieces of shit who would probably sell the uniform...

My brother-in-law his sister works for the Dept of Defense and her husband knows people at the Smithsonian in DC who were literally begging me 10's of thousands for the uniform and I declined. :D

Dabs

Registered Member
What a wonderful thing to have, a family heirloom!
Definitely something to hold on to, tightly :)

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats good times, always nice to see someone actually admire something of such a Priceless value.

The majority of Keepsakes I have from my Grandfathers time in the service is nothing more than a couple Medals he held on to. He was a Navy Shallow diver, Submersible Mine Defuser in the Pacific.

Timmy

Registered Member
I have plans to head over to the Aleutian Islands. It's very unforgiving terrain even in the summer months. It will be neat to see abandoned momentos and such from those days.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
That is a pretty cool uniform. Reminds me of my grandfather's old uniform. My father and I keep all of his keepsakes from WWII since he served in the Caribbean. I have a lot of Cuban souvenirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.