My First T.V Sitcom Script (Opening Scene)

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Danno, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Danno

Danno Registered Member

O.K so I'm having a go at writing a TV sitcom. I have'nt yet got a name for it. Ok here goes this is only the opening scene which is why it does'nt last very long, so I'll just start...

(Apologies if I have posted this into the wrong section)

FADE IN:
    INT. GUYS APARTMENT. DAY

Apartment is relatively tidy. We see Joel sat on the sofa flicking through the T.V channels looking very bored and giving out the odd sigh. He gets up to turn off the T.V then walks over to the kitchen counter where his wallet lays. He checks how much money is in there when a picture of his ex-wife Kate fall out. He picks it up and smiles but soon changes into a scowl.

Joel: Bitch!

Joel rips up the picture and throws it in the bin, then walks over to the phone and begins to dial a number.

INT. WATTS COLLECTION GROUP OFFICES. DAY

Nick's phone begins to ring

Nick: Hello, Watts Collection Group, Nick speaking can I take your -

INT. GUY'S APARTMENT. DAY

Joel: Hey Nick it's Joel

Nick: Oh hey Nick what's up?

Joel: What's up is that I'm bored out of my mind. I gotta get out of here. We going to the Footpad tonight?

Nick: Absolutely, I need a drink! Work's a drag as usual. Shall I call Paul and Carl?

Joel: Well, Yeah. Without them how are we ever gonna talk to any women?

Nick: (laughs) O.K I'll call them. Bye man!

INT. TRANSVERSE MULTI-MART CANTEEN. DAY

Scene cuts to the Transverse Multi-Mart canteen where Paul and Carl are sitting at a table eating their lunch. The canteen is fairly busy. Carl is eating Sandwiches and Paul is drinking a bottle of orange juice.

Carl: So, let me tell you about this girl I hooked up with last night.

Paul: Dude there's no need. I sleep in the next room. I felt like I was having sex with you.

Carl (Shocked): Oh....Sorry...Sometimes I just......

Carls cell phone rings

Carl: Hello Carl's phone, Carl speaking.....St. Nick! What's Up? How's things going down there at the bloodsucking maggot factory?.....I'm just kidding', so what's up?.....The Footpad? Tonight? Do you even have to ask?.....O.K Nicky boy see you in a little while.....Bye.

Paul (curious): So who was that?

Carl gives Paul a bewildered look, gets up and empties his tray, closely follwed by Paul.

FADE OUT TO OPENING CREDITS.