• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My first pistol

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Here are some pics of my first (and only, for now) pistol. It is a KAHR PM9094N 9mm w/black slide & tritium night sights.

KAHR 001.jpg

KAHR 004.jpg

KAHR 003.jpg

KAHR 002.jpg

PM9.3.JPG

Obviously I don't know how to manage photos here yet :duh:

Next: Springfield XDm 3.8 .40 black (maybe, when Cabela's sends another buy $500, get $150 gift card :nod:

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Can't say I care for KAHR's... but I hear they are great CC pistols. Maybe it's just me but mouse guns don't appeal to me. I have a hard time shooting them... I mean I do have a P3AT, but thats simply a BUG, or when I need to really deep conceal. Otherwise I flaunt all my big artillery like my 1911 and similar guns.

Looks good though. Enjoy it!

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Yea, I intend this to be concealed always. I do business in Flint, Pontiac, & Detroit. I don't want my customers to know, but want to have an answer if necessary. That's also why the ankle holster as my biggest concern would be car-jacking and it would be easy to access while seated in my truck without drawing attention to what I'm doing or interfering with the seatbelt.

What do you think about the XD series?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Yea, I intend this to be concealed always. I do business in Flint, Pontiac, & Detroit. I don't want my customers to know, but want to have an answer if necessary. That's also why the ankle holster as my biggest concern would be car-jacking and it would be easy to access while seated in my truck without drawing attention to what I'm doing or interfering with the seatbelt.

What do you think about the XD series?
I don't own one, but I almost got one instead of the FEG P9M that I have now. I shot the XD in 9mm and it seemed OK, I just didn't care for it... It's not that it was bad, I just didn't like the look or feel. It's basically a Glock with a different name from what I hear.

I always say, any gun is a good gun when you need it. What ever you get, practice, practice, practice.. cuz when the fecal matter hits the rotary oscillator, you'll be prepared.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Yep, that's the fun of it right! I've already shot well over 1500 rds with it and can pretty much keep it on the silhouette when at the back of th range where I've been shooting, about 50' or so. I like the XDm because it comes w/ xtra mag, loader, etc. and it seems to be a solid, reliable workhorse. So far I havn't heard anything negative about it other than personal preference type stuff and since I don't have much experience with pistols it seems like a safe bet.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Maybe it's just that I am not used to that frame of handgun. I'm used to Browning style handguns (1911, FEG, EAA Witness). When I shot the XD I was all over the paper, if at all. That is probably why I didn't care for it. As soon as he gave me the FEG (Which is based off the Browning model) my group was just high of dead center with a spread of maybe 4 inches.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
How's it different from a browning style?
What are your current favorites & why?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
How's it different from a browning style?
What are your current favorites & why?
Browning made the 1911... there are a lot of handguns that are based off that frame.

Here is a Colt 1911:

The my EAA Witness:

And the the FEG P9M (Browning Hi Power)

As you can see they are not the same gun by any means. But the last two are based off the frame of the 1911 and you can see many similarities in where the safety is, the mag release, hammer etc... They are not identical, but generally are built the same way as the 1911 (made by John M. Browning).

I prefer these types of guns over the rest because I think they are work horses and are built solid. They generally have less recoil then a lot of other compact guns like my Glock 36. The more power you pack into a smaller gun, the more recoil you will have, which means you will miss your target. That is generally why I don't like the sub-compact .45's and 9mm... but that is just me. My Glock 36 is surprisingly accurate for being sub-compact (it's an exception to the norm) and a .45 which is probably why I still carry it and still own it. I'd pick one of those 3 over my Glock any day though.

Last edited: